Windsor House(Bergvliet)
All reviewshome from homeconstantia wineascot gardenscape townon arrivalwashing machineswimming poolcomfortable stayhout baywe've stayedwalking distancebarryunitspropertyfacilitieswaterfront
Reviewed June 2, 2015

Barry and Leslie were incredible hosts...the Ascot Gardens provided me and my group with a beautiful view, a pleasant environment, and friendly service. The suite is large and roomy and is near many national landmarks and scenic views. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great stay in Cape Town!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2015

We came to Ascot Gardens with a group, but I was lucky to stay in the Mountain View Suite with a friend. We were very happy with the view and the balcony that overlooked the gardens on ground. We arrived to a clean, and spacious room with plenty of amenities. The bathroom was very clean and the laundry unit available was a big plus! The surrounding area was quite and very well put together. We enjoyed the short walk to the neighborhood park and it's proximity to the major grocery store. Barry and Lesley were very friendly and we really appreciated their hospitality.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the Mountain View Suite as it had a balcony and beautiful view!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2015

My husband and I, one daughter and a granddaughter spent a week at Ascot Gardens selfcatering . Beautifully set in a lush garden with own secluded "braai place". Several good restaurants within walking distance. Louis Place, just around the corner is a wonderful restaurant with the best Sirloin you can immagine.But best of all - they have a hugh generator and even though Cape Town is plunged into darkness regularly the restaurant is open and still serves the guests a great meal by candle light and a cosy atmosphere. Excellent wine cellars are within a short distance and wine tasting can really be enjoyed - no far driving afterwards! Free wifi , television with a wide bouquet and a laundry added to our comfortable stay. Mary and Sheilah the managing ladies whilst Barry was away went out of their way to make our stay very pleasant. We stayed in the Royal Suite. We can really recommend Ascot Gardens.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite comfortable for the 4 of us. Extra 2 beds in the lounge which was spacious enough
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2015

Normally I don't bother to write reviews but having read the last quite unfair review, I felt moved to do so. I have stayed at Ascot Gardens for two\three weeks for each of the last 9 years. I am a Capetonian living in England, so I know what standards are like in both countries. Ascot Gardens consists of a number of well appointed, comfortable, self catering units. I have stayed in House, Poolside, Jack, Royal and for the past two years in King. The units are cleaned prior to arrival, well equipped, beds are comfortable and the gardens are beautiful. Ascot Gardens is located in a quiet, safe residential area , extremely well placed for travelling around the Cape Peninsula. Barry is welcoming and accommodating. When we have had minor issues or needed something doing we told the managers and things got sorted. Simple!

I have had the good fortune of staying in nice hotels on city breaks throughout Europe. Ascot is not a hotel, it is self catering accommodation. Be reasonable in your expectations! If you want five star luxury, book The One & Only and be prepared to pay for it. If you want comfortable, safe, convenient self catering accommodation, book Ascot Gardens.

Room Tip: Ask Barry for his advice, he will help you find the most appropriate for your needs.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2015

This is the first, last and never again experience at Ascot Gardens Kings apartment. It was not up to the standard we expect for a holiday in South Africa. The apartment was quite shabby and requires updating. On arrival the apartment looked clean, but by the time we went to bed our feet were black underneath. There was dirt and dust on the kitchen window frames, cobwebs in corners and could not have been properly inspected prior to our arrival, leading to dissatisfaction. In fact the floor had to be cleaned on arrival to stop treading dirt around. We had to get the cleaner to come back for certain areas including the bathroom and toilet as these had not been cleaned properly in months. The bed and bed linen was also of poor quality. No percale linen and springs in the beds to keep you awake.

There was no real outside sitting or eating area and certainly no room for any sun loungers. A broken & dangerous glass garden table was suggested as the outside dining area.
Two credit card charges were made to my account, one not even for our occupancy. It was just as well we checked our credit card account online while still there. Our advice is not to stay there. Unfortunately it was one of the worst places we have stayed in over the last 10 years of visits to South Africa. We would have walked away from the place if a suitable alternative could have been found quickly for the rest of our stay in SA.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family