Ascot Gardens Self Catering Accommodation
Windsor House(Bergvliet)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome from homeconstantia wineascot gardenscape townon arrivalwashing machinecomfortable stayswimming poolhout baywe've stayedwalking distancebarryunitspropertyfacilitieswaterfront
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

This was a very disappointing set up. Extremely basic unserviced. Badly laid out. Have to go through the bathroom to get to one of the rooms!
Not very clean. The owner not very accommodating.
I certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed March 15, 2017

I phoned to enquire about staying at Ascot Gardens and I spoke to Barry. He was one of the rudest people I have encountered in the hospitality industry. He hung up on me while I was still talking to him! I was so shocked, that I even phoned back to ask if I had somehow offended him by asking if he had availability. But he had put the phone onto fax.

Dont know what the accommodation is like because I will never be staying there!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kateK7744PM
Reviewed March 12, 2017

Some five or six years ago, my wife and I discovered Ascot Gardens and have been returning there each year since, staying for some four or five weeks, each time.

As other reviews of Ascot Gardens have highlighted, the properties are located in a secure, pleasant, thoughtfully chosen and planted, garden village setting. Have stayed in some three different units at Ascot Gardens, all comfortable, well-appointed and clean.

Barry Edkins and his staff team work are some of the best I have come across, at ensuring that the needs and expectations of their Ascot Gardens guests are fully met.

Earlier reviewers have commented favourably on the other guest facilities at Ascot Gardens, ranging from good wi-fi reception to, use of swimming pool; washing machine, etc., etc. All of which contribute to a relaxing and enjoyable holiday experience. We echo those positive views.

Again, as reflected by earlier reviewers, Ascot Gardens is within easy walking distance of the local shopping centre, restaurants and, other facilities. Attractions ranging from Groot Constantia to Cape Town City Centre, V&A Waterfront, Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens, wine routes and famous beaches such as, Hout Bay also Fish Hoek, to name a couple, are only minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Large variety of properties available; if asked, Barry will provide objective, sound advice.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2017

We've stayed here several times and as the publicity says it is "home from home". All the apartments are good from the bed sitters to the luxurious apartments. This time we stayed in three different ones as we booked fairly late. Queen, fountain and Africa are all good. Barry and Lesley are wonderful hosts. The location is great with shops and restaurants in walking distance and the peninsular, constantia wine lands and the city within 25 minutes. It is very secure and lots of guests pay repeated visits. We knew 4 couples we had met before. It is not 5-star luxury but very comfortable. If you are staying in the area for several weeks as we did it is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a nice self-contained, self-catering place, this one is great. It felt secure and the road it is in also feels safe. The gardens are well laid out, relaxing and taken good care of.
We stayed in "Fountain" with an impressively well equipped kitchen. I could not have asked for any other utensil or appliance for our 6-day visit.
Mary, who does all the running around for Barry and Leslie, is an absolute gem! Very gentle and sweet and always on the ball.
Whilst all the beds had lovely winter sheets, warm linen and hot water bottles, the air was too cold for an asthmatic, but the only heater available was an outdoor gas heater. We were very grateful to have the use of it, but do feel that something more suitable should be on site for times like this.
The children were desperate to swim in the pool - it looked really inviting ... But alas ... Winter in Cape Town ...
The garage is quite a tight squeeze. Nothing more than a sedan will fit in there.
I didn't see in any of the other rooms / units. The gardens are so well laid out that I don't know exactly how many others were around us even. It's a great set-up!
Thanks for a lovely visit!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family