Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2021

I have been visiting Country Haven for approximately 15 years and that, in and of itself, sort of says all you need to know! The accommodations are very comfortable, the food is fantastic and the staff are some of the finest people you will meet along the river. The Lodge Owner, Byzie Coughlan, has been at this a long while knows what visitors expect when they come to the Miramichi, whether for Atlantic salmon fishing or just to relax for a few days, any time of the year.. Country Haven has access to a wide variety of salmon pools for Atlantic Salmon and their guides are incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and kind. The staff who work in the kitchen are super friendly and have a wonderful sense of humour too! Before coming here on my own and with my family, I used to come here when I hosted events for my own business' clients ... many who had never fly fished before. It was a great place to have people try the sport and we created countless memories at Country Haven especially for our clients who were lucky enough to hook their first Atlantic Salmon! Bottom line is that I would unreservedly recommend Country Haven to family, friends or strangers ... you just can't go wrong. I know that it can be hard to get booking sometimes (other than during Covid!) because Country Haven has so many repeat visitors from the US, UK and Europe, but Byzie will always go out of his way to fit you in if it is humanly possible! I last visited Country Haven in mid April and my wife hooked her first Atlantci Salmon! What a memory! Thanks Byzie and the entire Country Haven team for always taking good care of us when we visit!

Room tip: We've stayed in the main lodge and in the cottages and enjoyed both!
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

Country Haven is a fantastic lodge, the owner Byzie ensures everyone is taken care of, no matter what you require. The girls in the kitchen are fantastic, the food is all home cooked. The guides are excellent too and they want you to catch Atlantic salmon. The lodges are clean and well equipped. I have visited 12 years in succession and can’t recommend this lodge highly enough.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2019

This place was fantastic! The accommodations and meals were 5 star for sure and the staff was incredible. We only fished one day and did not have any luck but not for lack of trying. We definitely would return.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Just got back from a 4 night stay in the 3 bedroom cottage and it was fantastic. While the men participated in the Striper cup fishing competition in Miramichi, we women relaxed in the beautiful cabin and spectacular surroundings. The cabin was immaculate and complete with everything you could possibly need ... from 2 washrooms and bath towels, to a washer, dryer, dishwasher, wi-fi and everything in between. So pack light ... all you need is clothes, food and maybe a few beer to enjoy in the screen porch !
Definitely a keeper ;)

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise B
Reviewed February 21, 2017

My wife and I had an excellent winter weekend. Getting settled once we arrived was seamless. Byron showed us right to the cabin and where everything was. The cabin was amazing and best of all it was very quiet and peaceful. We made good use of the snow shoes and got out for some really nice walks with our dog. I would recommend Country Haven to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2017