“Good fish ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I Enjoyed the Hogfish entree, it was a good mild fish. Bang bang shrimp appetizer was also good. Key lime pie was just ok. Kinda irritated by the bar that I paid $10 for my daughters virgin daiquiri. The bartender says “it’s the same price with or without alcohol” I asked for the alcohol in a shot glass instead then, but he said no. Not sure why it mattered but obviously couldn’t order with alcohol for my 14 year old.

Ashley L, Guest Relations Manager at Fish House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for the very nice review! I am glad that you enjoyed your meals! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

First thing don't be put off by the parking as when we went the valet parking was complimentary. Visiting for vacation and had gotten a recommendation. Had heard it was often busy but as it was before 6 stopped by and were nicely seated within 20 minutes at a canal side table. Grouper is the big fish here prepared about every way it can be. I had grilled and was done well. My wife's prawns and scallops were very good though her grouper was a bit dry. Sautéed veggies were more aldente that sautéed but then maybe too much to expect. Sweet potato fries were good. Overall very enjoyable especially sitting canal side.

Thank you for the very nice review and mention of our complimentary valet! I am glad that you enjoyed your food! Looking out at the canal is a very nice view especially when the sun is setting! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We've eaten at this restaurant before, and had better experiences, but this was an unpleasant experience. We had a reservation and were seated right away, but after 45 minutes, all we had gotten was water, bread and drinks. I had to talk to the maitre d' to get our appetizers finally brought out. My husbands trout was dry and overcooked and had to be sent back. My dish came with a cream sauce,and I had asked for garlic and olive oil as a substitute. The waiter did his best to apologize, and I don't fault him. The maitre d' never came by to check that we were taken care of. And the restaurant was only 1/2 full.

Ashley L, Guest Relations Manager at Fish House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Hi Lisa, I think that you have the incorrect restaurant. We do not have Trout and only serve bread with our pasta dishes. If you made a mistake, can you please delete this review? Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

When we called ahead, we were told there would be a 75 minute wait, but it only turned out to be about 45. Parking is definitely a problem, but the valet takes care of it.
Our food was mixed. My grouper reuben was very dry, and seemed to lack the thousand island dressing it was supposed to have, and the fish was overcooked. The lobster in our pasta dish was also overcooked and rubbery. My wife's fish tacos were good.
Service was fine, but wanted to rush us through, seemingly to turn the table.
We sat in the screened in porch area, which was nice.

Altogether, I'd just as soon skip the wait and experience. It wasn't very memorable.

1  Thank SJEK
Ashley L, Guest Relations Manager at Fish House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for the review. It is good to hear that you were seated faster than originally expected! I am very sorry to hear about the Grouper and Lobster. Did you ask your server or a Manager to have the meals recooked, or for a different meal? They would have been more than happy to help you!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We planned to go to another nearby restaurant on the beach and watch the sunset on Easter evening, but the valet there was so rude we left without anywhere else in mind to go. We have visited The Fish House in Ft. Myers with our boat, so when we saw there was one in Bonita Springs, we stopped. We had a minimal wait and they were friendly and organized. Our family was given a lovely high top table with great water views. The shrimp tacos, fish and salads were excellent and service attentive. We have family in Bonita Springs and this will be place we visit in the future. We were happy to sacrifice a view of the sunset for a really nice, casual dining experience. Our only complaint was that one of the salads we ordered without dressing came with it, but overall it was good.

Thank you for the great review and very nice compliments! I am so happy to hear that we were able to save your Easter and that you had a wonderful experience with great food! You can actually watch the sun go down from our outdoor patio. We look forward to seeing you again soon!