Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
eryl h

Short break

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
My wife and I went for a one night break at Lanelay Hall and found the hotel was an excellent place to stay for a short break. Evening meal and breakfast following morning were both of high standard. All staff were polite and helpful including John in the bar and Chelsea in reception, who gave us the history of the hotel. We will definitely be going back again.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear eryl h,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us! It's incredible to know that you enjoyed your time at Lanelay Hall.

We're so pleased to hear that our staff contributed to the positive experience that you had. Our team takes great pride in providing excellent service, and your kind words are truly rewarding. We'll be sure to pass on your appreciation to them, specifically Chelsea and John, who I'm sure will be very grateful to hear your kind words.

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and found our newly renovated BLOK restaurant to be of high standard. We strive to create a welcoming environment for our guests, and all of our staff always aim to provide the best experience here at Lanelay Hall.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel, and we can't wait to welcome you back for another fantastic stay!

Kind regards,
13.8 km from Lanelay Hall Hotel & Spa
Glyndwr Vineyard Bed and Breakfast and garden
10.1 km from Lanelay Hall Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Talbot Green
All reviews afternoon tea beautiful hotel sunday lunch full body massage lovely touch couldn t my partner from start to finish out of this world lovely experience few drinks cakes special occasion bar menu our wedding anniversary an overnight stay beef
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked Lanelay Hall for our wedding day in April and I cannot say enough good things about the staff or this venue. All the staff were fantastic! From the girls on reception, to the servers, cooks, cleaning staff, I cannot pick a fault with any of them. Our wedding coordinator Sam was absolutely fantastic throughout the planning stages and is certainly one of the key people responsible for arranging our wedding.

It would be naive to expect everything to go exactly as planned when arranging such an important event and we certainly had some plans fall through. Unfortunately for us Sam left Lanelay Hall for a new job the week before our wedding. I was totally convinced that the entire day had just fallen apart without her support, and I believe that at many other venues it would have. The staff at Lanelay Hall went above and beyond, arranging meetings for us with all the key members of staff, the general manager, our new wedding coordinator Gilly, and Sam to go through every detail and make sure everyone was on the same page. Gilly, who took over from Sam less than 2 weeks before the day and did a fantastic job. Plans fall through and change but everyone at Lanelay Hall will do everything they can to make those things right.

The day of the wedding went better than I could have hoped for. It has been overwhelming the number of comments I have received on just how high the quality of the food alone was. The building was beautiful and a number of our guests who stayed the night really enjoyed some of the Spa facilities the morning after along with the breakfast service.

It’s been a hectic few weeks since the wedding and I am struggling to remember the names of all those who were there helping out on the day and were vital to the days’ success. Please pass on my thanks to all the staff working the weekend of April 20th, you all did an amazing job and I cannot thank you all enough. I’ve already been told that a few of our guests are planning a return trip and I’m sure we will also be staying again sometime soon.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jasmin H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three of us went for afternoon tea it was one of the nicest I’ve had the chef Rachel who made the cakes is amazing they were delicious! Our server Brandon was lovely and very helpful would definitely go again. Also the barman was lovely, seems all staff are friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CDMDFF
Lanelay Hall Management Team, Other at Lanelay Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good morning CDF,

Thank you for leaving us a review of your afternoon tea experience at Lanelay! I'm so pleased to read that it was a wonderful dining experience and you enjoyed all the delicious cakes made by Rachel. She is incredibly passionate about the food she creates, which I believe always comes through!

I will also make sure to let Brandon know that he made such a positive impression on you, another incredibly hard-working member of the Food & Beverage team! I know he will be overjoyed to see that you mentioned him.

Thank you again for joining us, hopefully we can welcome you back again soon at Lanelay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for a family reunion and Jilly and her team looked after us brilliantly.
We had the dining room for the reunion which was an excellent space.
The 3 course meal we ordered was superb and the catering was adapted to cater for those with food allergies.
I can’t praise the staff enough for how they looked after us.
The bedrooms were really comfortable and I understand the leisure facilities were enjoyable.
All in all the whole event was superb and a huge thank you to Lanelay Hall for looking after us.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good morning Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your family reunion, we are all so pleased that it was such a success and you had a fabulous time with us at Lanelay!
I will make sure to let Jilly aware of your lovely review, and both the chefs and Food & Beverage team that you enjoyed the meal so much. Our BLOK team are incredibly hard-working and always strive to make the most delicious meal possible, with amazing service to the table, it is fantastic to see that they were so successful and made you all feel so welcome.
I'm so pleased to read that all of the guests overnight stays were also comfortable and enjoyable, it was great to meet you all on check-in and make sure you knew that we were always here if you ever needed anything.
Hopefully we can welcome you back to Lanelay hall again, either for another family reunion, or just for a wonderful overnight stay in general.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel and very friendly staff but wait for food far too long and 2 single beds to make up a king deluxe was a big dissapointment.food was nice but did expect a bit more flexibility with check in as we couldn't access our room until 3pm which was stated but most hotels I've stayed have allowed entry if room is ready.

Good morning Adventure4095144830,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found all the staff to be friendly! All the staff at Lanelay aspire to make all of our guests feel comfortable and happy during their stay, which I'm glad came across to you.
It is a shame on this occasion that you didn't feel comfortable to discuss your issues with either the Food & Beverage team or the hotel receptionist, who are always here to assist, to try to make your stay as special as possible. I can only apologise that you felt you were unable to inform us of any issues during your stay or during check-out with us at the hotel.

I do apologise that there was a delay with your meal, I will make sure to feed this back to the Food & Beverage team to see what caused the delay that evening. Unfortunately, some issues can occur sometimes, which I'm sure you can appreciate, but we always look for ways to improve and make sure that BLOK is a fantastic dining experience for all. I am pleased that you enjoyed your food despite the delay.

With regards to the bed in your room, I can only once again apologise that you were disappointed. I can assure you it is standard practice for hotels to have 2 single beds that then make a King-size bed. We have very thick mattress toppers that prevent any issues with the bed, so I will make sure that Housekeeping inspects the room you stayed in to check the quality of the one situated on the bed.
The room type you purchased wasn't not the King Deluxe room, it is a Deluxe-double room including a King sized bed. Our King-suite is a 2-level upgrade above your chosen room type, which is very different from the room type you booked, I can only apologise if you were caught off guard by this.
We are always flexible with check-ins, however, we as a team carry out room checks between 2-3pm to make sure that all of the rooms are ready for our guests. We are a small hotel and we are very fortunate to be fully booked most evenings and depending on what time our guests depart the following morning, will dictate when the rooms are available to be serviced, giving our Housekeeping team a very small window to service the room, we pride ourselves on the guarantee that all our room are available from 3pm. Larger hotels, have the capability to allow guests in earlier due to having a higher inventory of rooms which aren't always occupied the previous evening. Until we get the assurance from the Housekeeping Manager that the checks are completed, the rooms are not readily available earlier. We are always ready by 3 pm. I can confirm we do make this clear when check-in is from, and this is stated on all confirmation emails you were sent prior to your arrival.

Thank you again for your review, I will make sure to let the relevant departments know about all your feedback.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to Lanelay sometime soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The place is very nice to be at ,very clean ,very organised, the barman John M was very efficient with our drinks, and careful with my experience at Lanely Hall. The chefs require a round of applause for the standard of food and the restaurant staff deserve a medal for their outstanding performance.
Overall a very good experience. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: April 2024
1  Thank G H
Lanelay Hall Management Team, Other at Lanelay Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon G H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your meal with us!

I will make sure to let the Food & Beverage team know of your lovely review, I know they will be so pleased that it was such a positively outstanding dining experience. I will of course, also let John know that you gave him a shout-out! He will be so happy.

Hopefully we can see you again soon at Lanelay, for food, or perhaps one of the many other experiences we offer.