All reviews corto divers wood carvings shanty town beautifully designed hotel presidential suite island hopping the hotel staff nice pool very nice hotel breakfast was included middle of town no wifi in the rooms tour company air conditioning lobby area the hotel offers hot water
Reviewed February 27, 2018

When we arrived they were expecting us at the airport. Helped us booking a day trip as we got to the hotel, and contacted us with the diving center. We were able to pay all our activities at the hotel by the end of our stay (including the diving). The restaurant was a good option for dinning and the breakfast options were good, with fresh fruits. The room was spacious and clean. The only problems were: only wifi on the lobby, the noise of the hens in the morning, the view from the rooms. Good choice for Coron.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 11D_D_D_D
Reviewed February 10, 2018

This hotel is stunning with a real Spanish feel. But the price is very expensive compared to other good places to stay in Coron, and while the pool and dining areas are gorgeous, the rooms are a bit run down and musty. I would only recommend this hotel if you were keen to relax and unwind i.e. if you're out diving all day, then I don't think it's worth paying for the facilities. It can also get a bit noisy with other travellers moving about in the morning. The staff are lovely and helpful though, and the hotel offers a free airport service which is a standout.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nataliekhoo
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

From the moment we walked in to the hotel, it was perfect. Having seen some of the other hotels we were looking at en route from the airport, we were glad we picked this one. Huge property, very busy with a great atmosphere. All staff are super friendly and welcoming. Huge rooms, spacious, clean and nice bathroom. Welcome drink on arrival. They also provide a free airport transfer so email them beforehand and they will have a transfer waiting for you. Included a la carte breakfast had a nice selection. As a tiny eater, portions were very small even for me so others might not feel full on it. Had dinner there and the food was good, much bigger portions. The staff were also great at listening to dietary requirements. Good selection. The restaurant faces the pool so nice to relax there. Their mango juice is lovely. My negatives are that the wifi only worked in the lobby and restaurant. For a big and upscale hotel, surely this can reach the rooms. Some staff have limited English but this is fine. Super friendly. Had laundery done which was good and cheap. A few people mention the location. Yes, it is located by the shanty town but it is a very quick to walk to the town. We never felt unsafe. The locals were friendly and we spoke with them. I have travelled in countries like Honduras and El Salvador. The shanty town next to this hotel is fine. The people are content and want to make friends :-)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank 43tasneema
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Our room and bathroom were surprisingly spacious. Bring hairdryer as none supplied. All meals we ordered were really delicious. Hotel could do with a currency exchange service. Limited places available for exchanging money so make sure you have enough cash. Would come back to stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I thought that we would have a privileged in staying in an expensive hotel. I rated three because their room is cleaned.

There’s no internet access in the room although I could see the strong WiFi signal (actually the modem is just on top of my room door). I called and asked the staff for password and they said no WiFi and just hanged up).

Limited access to breakfast order. I can’t order my second cup of coffee or they will charge me. It’s not expensive, but I’ve never stayed in a hotel like this, at least in my travel experience.

It’s not worth the money of paying USD100 per night for having the same service as the other cheaper hotels around town. I talked to a few other travelers I met on the boat and they paid three times less and still get the same internet access and similar service (well, exclude second cup of coffee charge). So why pay more!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends