“Vegetarian gem in Coron town”

Brujita Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Coron
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Philippine, Czech, International
Description: Brujita Is Small Restaurant Placed In The Center Of Coron. We Prepares Food For All Sorts Of Foodies. Our Wide Menu Offering Dishes For Vegan And Vegetarians,as Well Dishes For Meat Eaters, A Chicken, Pork And Beef, And As A Local Market Allows Us, Fish And Seafoods Too. We Are Trying To Satisfy You With Flavors Of Herbs And Spices From All Around The World And Good Music While Waiting Or Eating Or Simply Just Chatting With Friends.
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Seeking a break from meat, we ended up in Brujita for dinner. They had a good selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes, and very well prepared food! The spices in the curry made the dish really tasty and satisfying. They serve non-veggie dishes as well. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Portions and price are just right.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Living in Coron for 8 years, I can honestly say that Brujita is from far the best place to eat.
Just by reading the menu everything sounds amazingly tasty, a combination of Filipino, Indonesian, Western food..
One of the rare place in Coron to find spicy food and probably the best place for vegetarian.
The prices are really reasonable compare to other restaurant in Coron…
Just go there…

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

We tried some resto here in coron but this one i can surely suggest. thank you for the good food,we enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 18, 2016

We had such a horrible experience at Brujita and we still don't understand why it's #4 on the restaurants list at Coron. We totally get that they were understaffed when we ate there but the service staff was incompetent/lacked proper training.

Incident #1: They ran out of dining wares and glasses and were very insistent on getting the glasses that we were STILL using. They wanted to get our glasses that still had drinks in them because they needed to serve other tables. Who does that?

Incident #2: They charged us for ketchup and didn't tell us that it wasn't complimentary. I mean, it was fine if it cost something since it only cost a few pesos but we thought it incredibly rude that they didn't inform us of the charge when we asked for some ketchup. How hard is it to inform your customer of that? And they weren't the least bit sorry when we told them off for it.

We hoped that the food would be their saving grace but sadly, it wasn't that good either.

4  Thank Audrey F
makeros, Manager at Brujita Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Hi, my name Is George and I'm the manager of Brujita Restaurant. At first we would like to deeply apologize to your table which left so unsatisfied and give us already two terrible reviews. And I have to agree with you, we are under-staff permanently and our waitress were incompetent/lacked of proper trainings. Actually that evening when you visited us, we don't have waitress at all. Those ladies which done the service for you ,were our kitchen staff. The person who should give you proper service, it would be me. Unfortunately that day I had a fever and I don't wanna share my bacterias with our customers, so to use my kitchen staff is the only option I had. I am sorry, but in three years since we open our restaurant we couldn't find here in Philippines qualified employees. Not even one of the twenty waitresses what we had try, didn't have acceptable communication skills and attitudes to give our customers proper service.
(Incident #1) Good waiter as I instructed them should ask you before he collect from your table empty plates and glasses, If he can make you space on table so you will feel comfy after finishing your meal. I assure you, we have more than double dishes to cover our customer's needs. And I'm very sorry if some of my workers took your glass with unfinished drink.
( Incident #2) Good waiter would take order of French fries and automatically open our menu on page with dressings where you can choose and see all the prices of it. And explain you, that we don't like to charge our customers for something what they didn't order as some restaurant do, our French fries cost just 90 pesos not 150 as it is usual in town and we don't serve it with free banana ketchup, but our homemade or Heiz ketchup for 10peso which barely covering the cost of it. I am very sorry that in that day there was no one (that's mean me) to inform you correctly and give you proper service as you deserve.
And to answer you for your first question("WHY is it even #4 on the restaurants list?!”) Because 95% of our customers are international tourist and most of international tourist don't like Filipino national dishes, which is considered as worst kitchen in southeast Asia, full of bones, sugar, soy sauce and Monosodium glutamate (magic sarap). They understand and appreciate the concept of our restaurant to do quality fresh healthy foods without chemicals and over pricing.
Please accept our apologies if we wasn't able to satisfy you in that evening and we wish you all the best for your future gourmet experience.
Sincerely George

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

Food was very tasty, plenty of veggie options and all at reasonable prices! I loved the mung beans dish! Ate here a few times as plenty of menu options to choose from too!