“Best food in Coron”

Get Real Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Coron
Description: Get Real Bar & Restaurant is a fusion of filipino food, mexican paninis and quesadillas, pasta and american food. It aims to give each customer good food, good music and good times. The restaurant sometimes held events on special occasion and sometimes even on ordinary days.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

THIS is the place to eat amazing food when you’re in Coron! The atmosphere in the restaurant is truly welcoming and we were impressed by the tasty Filipino dishes they serve. That’s why we decided to go there every evening when we stayed in Coron. The staff is extremely friendly and we had the honour to meet the owners of ‚Get Real’ Maui and Gerard. Such heartwarming and awesome guys! Check this Place out and try the crunchy Nachos, we loved them more than anything. But to be honest: everything we tried was just incredibly delicious!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious!
We had the homemade nachos for two nights in a row (highly recommended!!!) the tuna wasabi quesadilla, the ginger soy salmon and the seafood pasta!

Yes, we went to Get Real for several times, because it’s just the place to be in Coron.

The owners and the staff are the most generous, friendliest and welcoming people we’ve ever met on our travels!

We had spent some great days and nights together and their place became like a second home to us!

Check out that place, it’s probably the best thing you can do in Coron!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Food was absolutely terrible and the service was completely disgusting. Tried giving our meal away to the stray cats and dogs, even they turned their noses up and didn’t touch the food. Do I need to say anymore? Wouldn’t eat here again if it was the only restaurant on the island.

I ordered the shrimp pasta, however the pasta was rock hard and according to the waitresses it was normal to only have two shrimps in the shrimp pasta. The dish was also stone cold upon arrival.

My partner ordered fish and chips, the fish was completely raw throughout (hardly cooked at all) and again stone cold as were the chips.

I asked numerous times to re cook the dishes, with extra prawns which I would pay extra for if at all possible and for the fish to be cooked so it could be deemed edible. They just stood and looked at you for 15 mins as if you were mental. I asked for the bill and refused to pay for only one of the dishes which I thought was generous however this caused mayhem. Eventually when they realised we hadn’t eaten a mouthful of either and the dishes were not being touched by the strays we left them out for they agreed to chop the bill in half.

GetRealCafeBar, Management at Get Real Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Hi mrobbo1985,

We’re disappointed to hear your experience at Get Real fell below your expectations. Our business thrives thanks to the repeat custom of our regular guests so we welcome any feedback, it being so very rare. Our staff try their best to entertain and serve our guests, but we understand that your feedback on the day may have been ‘lost in translation’, so please accept our apologies. We would like to make it up to you, so please email getrealcafebar@gmail.com to discuss.

All the best

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We ate here every night we were in Coron, food was the best we have had in the Philippines and the waitresses are really lovely and friendly.

1  Thank William V
GetRealCafeBar, Get Real Management at Get Real Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Hi William V,

We are glad you enjoyed our food and experience in Get Real. It would be our pleasure to serve you again if you return to Coron.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

I was really impressed with this place and it’s a must try if you’re in Caron! They have a nice selection of filipino food as well as other options if you want something different.
I myself am very picky when it comes to Mexican food and margaritas and was impressed by their food. I personally didn’t like their mango marg but I loved the tamarland margarita and would suggest it.
We were a little disappointed in the staff on a professional level. They were drinking alcohol and eating behind the bar so from a manager standpoint I didn’t think that was a nice look for a restaurant but that wouldn’t stop me from returning because the food was so good.
I would put this restaurant right up there with the nice pizza place everyone suggests and I was surprised it wasn’t more busy when we arrived

1  Thank katie_bergmann