“Pittenweem birthday party”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JJZF
London, United Kingdom
“Pittenweem birthday party”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had a wonderful week staying here for my grandma's 90th birthday. The family squeezed in with 11 adults and 2 children at our peak. The location is perfect with meals out, local shops and a bus stop near by for when exploring further afield. The view from the front is wonderful and the back garden well maintained and pretty. For days out we recommend the garden at Cambo and taking the boat out to the Isle of May to see the puffins.

The down side was the communication. A room with bunk beds described as a twin, no information in the house in regard to heating, hot water, recycling etc. and the outdoor bins were full on arrival. We were also told conflicting information on how we could settle the bill but this was sorted out very quickly. Slight problem with one of the showers but we let the owner know and I'm sure it will be fixed for the next visitor. It was a bonus to have so many shower rooms between us.

All in all it was a great place to stay and I thoroughly recommend it as a holiday home.

Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Management Response
8 Nov 2015
Thank you for your positive review.
If I may clarify some factual errors contained in the review -There are no bunk beds at the advertised property. As Jolene's group was rather large and they would otherwise have been unable to celebrate the grandmother's birthday all under the same roof, I made the unadvertised bothy which contains bunk beds available at a peppercorn rental (and this is the thanks you get!).
- The welcome pack on the coffee table gives easy to follow instructions on the central heating controls as well as recycling. It also gives the network key for the high fibre wireless broadband and as I did not receive any complaint during Jolene's stay I must assume that it was found and read although, it appears, not inwardly digested.
maza28
Larkhall, United Kingdom
“had a great week here :)”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

just returned from pittenweem harbour. enjoyed our stay very much. eight members of my family stayed. plenty room, with the 3 teenagers staying in one room, my sister and her husband staying in the double room, myself and my husband staying in the twin room, and my mum staying in the 'bothy', which had its own working shower and toilet. the house was very clean and well equipped - home from home. beds very comfortable. rooms spacious. nice enclosed garden.
the owners were very helpful, and answered all our queries efficiently.
the house has lovely views of the working harbour. not a great deal in pittenweem itself, but only a 5 minute drive away is Anstruther, where there are more shops, cafes, and pubs, and a couple of supermarkets. St. Andrews is about half an hours drive away.
There are a couple of nice coastal walks, with stunning views.
Would love to return here in the future. The views would be even more stunning in the summer months.

Liked best: the view
Liked least: the other properties sharing the heating controls
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Alison190...
strathaven
“We'll Be Back”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Fantastic house in a superb location - lovely walks all around & magnificent part of the country. House perfect for our family. Had a lovely week there. Thankyou.

skaly
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Lovely location and house”
Reviewed 4 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We were staying here for a wedding outside of Elie and were thrilled at the house and the amenities available to us. There were enough rooms for all of us to stay which was great - we had looked at B+Bs and most could only cater for 6 people. The garden was beautiful and gave us a lovely area for dinner and breakfast. All the rooms had a bathroom allocated or attached which was essential for 4 girls and partners wishing to get ready for a wedding. My only criticism is that I did have to ask the owner alot of questions before arriving eg how to access the property, how to pay for accommodation, how to get to the property etc that I thought may have come as standard in any response. My main gripe was we were uncertain as the what time check out was and thought, as we were only able to get into the property at 4pm the day of arrival, that 12pm may be a decent check out time (this was not discussed). At 10.30 the owner came into the house stating that check out was 10.30 and that we needed to get out. I thought this was a little rude.
If this information had been imparted before we had arrived we all would have been up and ready and the feedback probably would have been different, as the house and the ameneities are top notch.

Liked best: Location and garden

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Bristol
Reviewed 3 August 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;