“Superb service and food”
Review of Ristorante La Nave

Ristorante La Nave
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Home made tagliatelle with homemade ragu...great Tuscan wine...lovely outdoor or indoor dining. A wonderful place in the countryside NOT full of tourists. We have dine there two years in a row and love it.

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

I was driving to Cortona and decided to stop here as I had seen the Ristorante sign & thought it would be easier to park here for a quick bite. The restaurant wasn't open yet (12pm) but I was immediately let in by my very warm hosts. As there wasn't a lunch menu written down, I chose from their fixed menu lunch options... The Gnocchi with tomato, basil & Pork belly and a Pork Loin in white wine sauce. The Gnocchi was one of the most delicious I have ever had... Light pillows of Gnocchi that I'd love to eat again if I could. The Pork loin was delicious as well. I finished off with a Caffe (no dessert as I was so full!) & was surprised that it only came up to €11. My waiter spoke English very fluently and made me fee very welcome. I ate in an annexe room next to the main dining room & I suspect dinner is a more formal affair as the main dining room is quite elaborate notwithstanding the dozens of vases with plastic roses. Kitsch but the ambience seemed to work! A great find.

Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

We plan to return during our week here in Montecchio. It was excellent when we were here in 2012 and our friends assure us it is the same.

1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed November 4, 2014

Located in an unattractive building at the south-western end of the village of the same name, this is very much a locals' restaurant and for this reason doesn't even open its doors until 8pm (at which time it's pretty devoid of atmosphere as it doesn't really get going for another hour or so!).

The decor can best be described as kitsch, with a florists' worth of plastic flowers, but even so comes across as warm and 'sincere'. English isn't spoken.

I've mislaid my notes as to exactly what we ate but my recollection is that it was better than we expected, the highlight for me being a small square of Dauphinoise potato (or similar) that I was given as a taster after I'd finished my main meal. I also recollect that the menu outside bore absolutely no relation to the one inside!

I like to rate this a Good rating rather than Very Good, but it's better than Average so I've given them the benefit of the doubt...

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We found ourselves alone at 9pm on a Friday evening in June in the restaurant. The waitress was very obliging. The decor and surroundings were a little over the top but we were comfortable.
The Menu was varied but in retrospect we felt that we were a little "guided" as to our choice. The service was prompt but the offerings were below our expectations and totally out of alignment with the reviews we had read.
To be honest it was just palatable no more. We were tired from our journey and just paid and left with out causing a fuss.
Its on the road and there is parking on the side of the building and outdoor seating is available.
I wouldn't recommend this as its 10 min out of town.