Ashfield House(Grassington)
Grassington House(Grassington)
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
The Old Hall Inn(Grassington)
  • Restaurant
Forester's Arms(Grassington)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmolton brown toiletriesthe ownercomplimentary sherryeggs benedictfresh milk in the fridgeflat screen tvthe main houseyorkshire breakfastpre dinner sherryon arrivalattention to detailbreakfast was excellentlog fireyorkshire daleslittle touchesdvd playerfirst class
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here over Easter weekend after coming from a fantastic stay at Milgate B and B in Masham

It was an okay stay. Just felt with so many guests there it wasn't a very personalised stay. The young chap who showed us to our room and served us at breakfast was very helpful.
The breakfast was okay. Nothing special.
We had the suite room which was nice and spacious.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KeenTraveller_565
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

We openly advertise that we are a 12 bedroomed guest house, therefore, not comparable with a 3-bedroomed guest house as it seems it is the more homely and personal stay which you seek. Nevertheless, it seems you enjoyed the spacious Suite and were well looked after by the staff. Thank you for submitting a review.
Diane and Team

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Just returned from a 2 day stay at Grassington Lodge with the Groupon offer. A very nice B&B, spotlessly clean, lovely breakfast, staff very pleasant. No complaints at all would stay again. Definitely a nice touch having Molton Brown toiletries in the bathroom. .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope you will return! Please contact me directly for our winter/spring promotions as I will always 'price match' or better any promotions you see advertised.

Diane & Team

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Grassington Lodge is a first class guest house in the heart of this beautiful village. The room was lovely with a comfortable bed and a view of the hills. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were friendly and informative. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Its good to hear you would stay here again and hope you do. Please contact me directly for the best prices and availability.

Diane & Team

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Had a one night stay on a groupon deal , parking was good off the main road . The room was nice but was very cold thought the heating would have come on earlier due to the adverse weather conditions, the bathroom was very cold too no heating at all . The breakfast was very good and the nice touch of chocolates in the room with the Molton Brown products in the bathroom . Don’t think I would return in the winter months again .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

I am sorry you suffered some discomfort. The reason for the chill in the room was investigated and it was found that the boiler which services the room you were in (we have 3 boilers throughout the property) had been, inadvertently, set to a lower temperature than it should have been, following its annual service on the day of your arrival. It would seem that we met your expectations in other ways and I can only apologise but assure you that the issue has been resolved.
Diane and Team

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

I booked a Saturday night stay here via Groupon last November. I agreed to pay the £15 supplement for a Saturday night stay and I received an email to confirm my booking from the owner Diane Lowe. I thought no more about it until the morning we were due to stay when I receive a phone call telling me the room is no longer available and would I like to stay in the cottage next door. This didn't sound too bad until we arrived to find this was actually just a room in her friends cottage!! Not the 5 star B&B we were promised.
I was shocked, my room was booked and confirmed 3 months in advance but she gave it to someone else because they were paying the full price instead of just a lowly Groupon customer. I even saw my name in the booking ledger under room 2 and crossed out.How rude!!
I was told I could come another day. Great... when we were already there and my husband had taken the weekend off (he works weekends)
She said she couldn't just tell the people in our room to leave, could she??? Errr yes!!, that room had been booked 3 months ago.
Glad we didn't stay now if that's how she treats people.
Thanks for nothing!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diane H
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

I fully appreciate your anger and disappointment, however, it is only fair that I have my say too. Firstly, I would say that the room was not given to a full price paying guest in preference to you.....that would never be considered and there is no basis for this comment. The overbooking situation happened late on the Friday night during a period when I could not be contacted (I was onboard a flight). I did ring you early on the day of your arrival before you left home to offer you the cottage room or alternatively the option to book another date. It was explained to you that the cottage is part of our business 'set-up', is used on a regular basis, the room is presented in the style and quality of rooms at Grassington Lodge and all the facilities and breakfast are available at The Lodge. I ALWAYS state that my neighbours actually live in the cottage! You readily agreed to this on the phone but, it now seems, that there was a misunderstanding about the fact that my neighbours lived in the cottage. Mistakes happen and I felt I did my best to recover the situation before you left home and can only apologise for the situation and causing you distress.