All reviews next morning hair appointment quaint hotel house is beautiful jackson room a king size bed fresh fruit wrap around porch stratford spa pedicure stools washroom jake kitchener
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We met friends who we dine with every few months and wanted to try something out of town. Were going to Jake and Humphries but they were closed for vacation. No worries. Puddicombe is right across the road with loads of parking. They have a nice lounge but we sat in the smallish dining room on the North side. Service was top-notch. Not in your face but friendly and not pretentious. The old decor is very cool. They have recently renovated and have a new menu to go with. Fresh beet salad and a hearty carrot soup. Excellent pasta and some well put together fish dishes. We really enjoyed every part of this meal and felt so comfortable we realized we had been there for almost three hours. Nicely done puddicombe house. We shall return.
Jay and Tams

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jay-N-Tam
Reviewed February 19, 2018

My wife and I stayed for a February long weekend to watch the Olympics and enjoy local cross country skiing. We enjoyed faithfully restored Victorian rooms and fantastic food. The owners are relaxed and ensuring you enjoy your stay. It was a great stay and very relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Loved this hotel. It was just the olde world hit I neededd on my trip. The room did overlook the road so curtains needed to be closed but I enjoyed this location and maybe it's just me I even thought the sound of trains in the distance through the night made it even more atmospheric. Please note that the trains were not particularly loud but more that I am a light sleeper. The bed in the room is very high and fills a lot of the room. I loved it.

Room Tip: I would think each room is fairly unique
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scubapro1957
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Had a great time with 3 other couples staying at the Inn. The rooms were Victorian with a washroom in each room. Very nicely decorated and a nice wrapped porch to sit and relax on breakfast was very nice and the price was $$. Well worth checking this little Gem out!

Room Tip: All rooms are great and soundproof.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Three of us stayed at this hotel for one night in August and we had a wonderful stay. The owner is super friendly and made us frittatas in the morning which were delicious. We had dinner there the evening before which was also really tasty. We had the fish and chips which was crispy and hot and reasonably priced. We found all of the staff very attentive and friendly. Our room was beautiful, especially the bathroom which the owners have remodelled. The only downside to the rooms is that they don't have a room with two beds so it makes it awkward if you're not a couple, so it's not really suitable for families. Other than that, the hotel is really nice. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family