“RobinLouisa”

The Garden Trowbridge
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: The Garden is a relaxed casual dining restaurant serving quality locally sourced food and drinks throughout the day. We have designed the interior to make our customers feel like they are dining in their own back garden. A home from home, but in the garden!!
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

On my own and looking for somewhere where the place was friendly and the food was good, but I found better. Everyone was so welcoming and the Pork Belly was excellent. Thank you x

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Went here on a Tuesday night and although quiet we decided we wanted to give it a try as it looks nice from the outside.

We were not disappointed the food was brilliant and the service excellent. The Waitress was very friendly and chatty when we asked questions about the town (as we had recently moved here).

I really hope that the recent chain restaurants in town don't affect this place to much as it's exactly the type of place Trowbridge needs!!

Well worth a visit.

1  Thank SomersetBoy91
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

When I asked the waitress for another napkin, she responded "you've got one" then on getting one Carlie (the waitress) puts it on my board where my food is to stop the dripping of garlic sauce onto the table, which I've already sorted hence why I'd like a napkin for myself, she opened out the napkin so it was really thin, and disintegrates onto the board, love being treated like a 5 year old when I go out to eat.

2  Thank sg1819
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Other half has been here a few times and raved about the flat iron steak, so we 'trotted off' to enjoy our anniversary meal.Wednesday night is steak night, we didn't know but, excellent, reduced price steaks! It was very quiet with only a few tables in use but, I suppose this is to be expected, midweek, in the first week of the school year! The staff member was very welcoming with a real positive attitude to engaging the customer! Well done! On the steak menu was a "pork rib eye steak" which I'd never heard of but we agreed that we would share a flat iron and the pork. My chunky chips, ordinary and sweet were the best I've tasted in a long, long time with the sweet potatoes better than excellent. The pork ribeye was delicious but the flat iron a tad disappointing, I'm afraid. As usual, when asked about the meal, we grunted fine thank you! Anyhow at the end of the meal the staff member again really positively engaged us and we shared our view of the meal. We raved about the pork, the chips (especially the sweet potato chips) and expressed our disappointment about the flat iron. We really couldn't have been handled better! Upon paying the bill we found it discounted which we were not expecting as we had not given them the opportunity to put the meal right! The excellent rating is predominantly for the customer service and is well deserved!

1  Thank DavidWhe_11
Reviewed September 3, 2017

My Partner and I choose here, after a quick search of decent reviews...

We really enjoyed the atmosphere, the owner has made the place, feel like an actual garden... warm, pleasant and cosy. Background music, and very friendly staff. I only slight complaint would be the slightly small tables, we have to move stuff off to fit our plates and drinks on it.

The food was good, sadly, the liver starter was no longer being served. As I tend to, I had the steak, 12 OZ of yummy goodness. The steak was nice and cooked to perfection. The chips were also nice. Good portion size, and garnish!

Value for money, it's right on the edge of being just a tad too expensive, but when considering all the elements and the friendly warm staff etc, I am content. Worth a try, again, a couples restaurant, doesn't feel like a family place! Thumbs up!