“Super&natural ”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The place is quite difficult to find, but it was a real gem! When it's sunny you can get a magnificent view of the mountains and breathe the fine air.
The food was delicious and typical of Valle d'Aosta, with all the best of the hams and cheeses and polenta with meat.
The desserts also were awesome!
The interior was very nice and the staff also very lovely and polite.
A tip: don't eat anything before going there because you must have space in your tummy to finish everything!
I hope I can get back there as soon as I can.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The Trattoria Omens is a small restaurant in the top of the mountains of the Aosta Valley managed by the Bertolin family, a simple but typical menu, with an extraordinary view.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

We've been at this lovely trattoria with our family of 2 kids, one is not even 6 months old, and it was a very pleasant experience.
First, food was great! Antipasti were amazing (all the cold cuts are locally made and delicious) and the polenta concia was one of the best I've ever tried (and I tried many!) as a dessert, I had the crema di Cogne, also delicious.
Staff was very helpful, quick and kind.
Prices are very low (15 euros for the so called touristic menu and 25 for the other one).
In a few words, it's worthy trying it even if the road leading to it is quite challenging for the kids.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Before visiting the Verres castle, we came for lunch at this trattoria about 10 minutes up the mountain from the castle. I had a mixed appetizer with local sliced meats and cheeses. My mom had a taste of a few types of soup (which were more like a cheesy casseroule than soup) which were delicious. I had tender beef served with polenta which was out of this world. The roasted chestnuts and desserts looked fantastic but we were so full we couldn't eat any more. We paid EUR36 for both of us. I would eat here again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

When we turned onto the road to drive up to Trattoria Omens, our GPS said it would take 15 minutes to drive 4km. We figured there must be a mistake - until we saw the road! It's a treacherous climb but worth it. The food is rustic, but delicious. The atmosphere is fantastic, surrounded by local families. And the setting is amazing overlooking the Aosta valley below. Well worth the adventure - just make sure you have a designated driver!

1  Thank alexdej