See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Very pretty hotel on à beautiful location. We booked à suite with nice bathroom with jacuzzi and private Sun terrace. Wonderful and hope to come back in summertime.

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank Manon066
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Completely gorgeous. Food amazing, location idyllic, staff discreet.

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank JKMLondon
Reviewed July 24, 2011

first the good points:
nice beautiful garden, superb location
the bad points:
the hotel seems to have seen its best days some twenty or thirty years ago....everything needs to be renovated...its actually not offering than an average 3 stars hotel...
sad....sad...
management can cope with customers needs...
hopefully the hotel will get better management soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank jagman1977
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel as a single traveller on my first night in Italy - for a two week trip. Although not particularly easy to find (make sure you have a map, and make sure you understand it is a little way out of town on a road that doesn't look like it's going to lead to a nice hotel), San Felice Circeo is an easy drive from Rome - even after you've flown over 24 hours and just climbed into a car without a decent night's sleep. The morning I arrived it was one of those gorgeous blue still days and when I was shown to my room - with its little balcony looking directly over the gardens and the sea - I just thought I was in heaven. The room is plain but very nice - who needs a great inside when you have a great OUTSIDE; the bathroom was very flash; the restaurant and its facilities are beautiful; the breakfast was sensational; the staff were warm and friendly - even in my somewhat dishevelled international-flyer state. The town itself is not all that flash - so I wouldn't drive to San Felice Circeo (although it has a lovely ring to it) for a few days' excitement because you won't get it - unless, of course, you want to go to this hotel and lie in the sun on your balcony and look down over the water or swim in the pool below. The only downer, for me, was having noisy guests in the room next door who weren't all that worried about whether their enjoyment of their balcony affected my enjoyment of mine; however, that was the only low point in an otherwise blissful experience and a lovely start to a two week stay in Italy - although, I could easily understand why people with lovely tann-able skin would stay there for much longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank elleMelbourne
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We had a lovely stay at this excellent hotel. It is quite expensive but the setting is stunning and the staff friendly and and helpful. Another plus was that it was very busy with mainly Italian guests which may help explain why the food in the restaurant was of such a high standard. Having said it was busy, there was more than enough space at the pool and on the terraces by the sea so thatiy did not feel crowded. Our standard room was comfortable and quiet rather than being in any way luxurious but we did have a jacuzzi bath which was a nice extra and the small balcony with sea view was lovely.

The centro storico of San Felice Circeo is a lovely little place with unusual shops, a few little restaurants and great views over the modern town and the bay below. We liked the Al Convento restaurant in a little courtyard and felt it was reasonable value for money. Visits along the coast to the sensational beach and dunes at Sabaudia and to the pretty town of Sperlonga were our favourite outings. But mainly we spent hours just sitting in the sun at La Punta Rossa looking at the sea and enjoying a very relaxing break. The hotel wasn't easy to find initiallt - you need to folllow the signs for Il Faro and just keep going uphill.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple