See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Have been to Punta Rossa a number of times. Twice for over night stays and probably four times for dinner/lunch. This hotel never displeases. The setting is simply breathtaking and elegant. The rooms are clean with decorated with beautiful tile. The balcony's overlooking the sea are the best of course. Don't let the remote location fool you. It's not at all difficult to get to and only about 5-8 minutes to the center of San Felice Circeo. The restaurant food is so fresh and so good. I tend to gravitate to this place for the food, the incredible ambiance, and the romantic memories.

Room Tip: Balcony is the best. Beautiful views. All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank cocbrdt
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel was quite frankly bizarre! Admittedly I was traveling here for business so I missed a few creature comforts like wi-fi and decent phone reception - things you probably wouldn't worry so much about if you were staying here on holiday, however I still felt disappointed by the overall quality of the actual accommodation, facilities and staff. The rooms were extremely basic and looked like they needed some serious love and attention - a little paint and some air freshener certainly wouldn't go a miss. The staff were average, they were civil and reasonably helpful but I wouldn't say friendly. There were no in-room dining options - which was a shame considering the hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere so eating options nearby were limited. The view from the hotel and the breakfast were by far the highlights of my stay at the Punta Rosa, but I certainly wouldn't bother staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Britishsunseeker
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been coming to this hotel for years and it has remained a favorite. We especially like the views and lush gardens. Our wonderful suite overlooks the pool and has a see forever view along the coast. The jacuzzi even has a sea view! We especially enjoy listening to the waves all night.

Thanks to Ahmed’s help and patience I looked at many rooms on this last trip. I preferred charming rooms 9 and 22 which had balconies. For comfort and a terrace I would recommend suites 4, 218, 220 and 221. Of course the price goes up for a suite but it is worth it.

We had dinner and breakfast in the dining room which also has spectacular views.
The food was first rate. Our sea bass was fresh and perfectly cooked. The lemon pasta was ever so creamy and delicious. I want the recipe for the apple cake I had at breakfast. The staff at reception were all welcoming (Federica, Elena and Manager Giussy) and answered our many questions.

This hotel has a dramatic cliff location so be prepared to walk up and down. Unfortunately there is no inexpensive way to get there on public transportation. You will need a car. There is much to explore in the area; A wide sandy beach in near by Sabaudia, the sights of Rome to the North, and Terracina to the South.

We do hope to return next year to our little bit of paradise on the terrace in the sun.

Room Tip: If you want to be right on the water choose #206, but beware.... on a windy day the noise of the waves gets loudissimo.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GiovannaUsa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you have ever wondered what it must have been like to vacation in a holiday camp under some kind of totalitarian dictator - Franco, for example or Ceaușescu - Then head at once to the hotel Punta Rossa. Grim, expressionless staff haunt this dreadful eighties throwback as though they were waiting, merely, to report your every move to the secret police. I can quite honestly say, from the gruff voice barking, 'Name?' through the security intercom, to the pale, sour-faced, frowning porter who watched us struggling with our luggage as we made a desperate and premature break for freedom, I have never been treated with more indifference and disdain in my entire life. And, believe me - I've been round the block. Stay here if you must, ladies and gentlemen, but please don't say I didn't warn you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
20  Thank StephenBTraveller
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place is out of this world, everything you could ask for and MORE!!

Just me and my wife went as an anniversary present to ourselves, and there is not a thing that we could fault, the place is idyllic, food delicious every time, every meal, and the staff were spot on, anadelicia and roberto made our holiday, made us feel like it was our honeymoon and not anniversary!

We will definitely be returning, and again, without the kids ;)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple