All reviews fruit trees pool bar self catering plenty of sunbeds next year pool towels are provided small play area plums cleaned every day the main road enjoyed our holiday great accommodation air con year after year week holiday nice size late flight
Reviewed October 23, 2016

This was our first holiday to Greece and we loved it. Efrosini Village is a great place to stay. On arrival we were shown to a lovely first floor apartment overlooking the pool. The apartment was a good size and tastefully decorated. The kitchen area had the basics, the bathroom could do with updating, but we managed. The pool area was relaxing, there were always plenty of sunbeds available. Reasonably priced food and drinks were served by Fotis. A supermarket, bakery, cash machine and a two restaurants were nearby. It was a 10 minute walk to the seafront, where there were more restaurants and several bars. We loved everything about this holiday and would return to Efrosini Village

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2016

Great staff , nice airy rooms , excellent pool area with the lovely Fotis providing the best service and bar food !! Relaxing armispegre ideal for families and couples alike , would wholeheartedly recommend the efrosini

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Just returned from a very enjoyable holiday to Ketelios staying at the Efrosini Village. Could not fault anything at the Efrosini apart from the number of people who use the apartment pool who are not resident at the apartments. It appears that the pool is open to everyone and it seems that it is a meeting place for family and friends, who were not able to book into the apartments. The pool area is not big enough to accommodate all and sundry who turn up and use the sun beds that should be reserved for the paying guests of the Efrosini. I am not one to moan and throughly enjoyed my stay at the Efrosini, but this is one thing that I could not overlook and really do believe that it is something that should be looked into.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank mgamga21
EfrosiniVillage, Manager at Efrosini Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Thank you for your review. Over the years Efrosini has become a meeting place for people (primarily from the UK) who have been coming to Katelios every year and some even have bought properties around the area. We pride ourselves having many returning guests who regardless whether they find accommodation at Efrosini they always come and visit us.

The pool is generally not crowded throughout the summer, perhaps with the exception of late July & early August. However, it would be impossible for us to consider banning out of the premises all the people who have been supporting us for decades.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

This was our third holiday in Katelios but the first time at the Efrosini Village. We had a great holiday - very relaxing and trouble-free.
The Efrosini Village is about a ten minute walk from the seafront/main village and about 50m off the road into Katelios. A mini-market is located within two minutes walk while a bakers, two good restaurants and an ATM are within five minutes walk.
The poolside bar doubles as reception and is excellent for drinks, ice-creams and snacks/meals throughout the day (including breakfast) and evening.
Fotis and Kostas deserve special mention. They are both very hospitable and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. Fotis cooks great food in what seems like seconds - his homemade lamb-burger is especially tasty.
The pool area is always clean and there are plenty of sunbeds.The main pool is deep but has a shallow section separated by railing. Surrounding palm trees afford shade throughout the day.
The apartments are located amongst pomegranate, orange, fig and palm trees. Our accomodation was to a good standard and the hardworking cleaners came in every day (they even rinsed the sand off our beach shoes). Towels are supplied - including for around the pool.
We had a very enjoyable holiday and would like to return to Efrosini Village.

Room Tip: Apartments 22 and 23 are ground floor, shaded and relatively cool
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ColB_UK
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Months ahead of taking this holiday I emailed the hotel directly to enquire on family room details and was given very positive feedback. I then booked via Thomson holidays a twin room for my wife & I and a Family room for my Son, Daughter in law and two grandchildren. On arrival we were informed that the hotel was very busy and my room was ready but they did not have a family room available for the rest of our party. I was somewhat cross at this and was told that the two children were too big for their family rooms anyway, they would put the rest of the family up overnight in another hotel and cover their costs for a meal. The alternative hotel while a reasonable standard was a fifteen minute walk away from ours and was occupied by and catered for Polish people, with a very poor standard of food. I complained bitterly to the rep' and they said that they were not aware of the situation at our hotel (why not) and they would try to find alternative accommodation. Mid morning on our second day the rest of the family were collected and bought back to Effrosini, where they were offered two rooms next door to each other. It must be said that the rooms were in a newer block and of a good standard, but we still had concerns re the children being separated from their Mum & Dad. My wife & I have be going to the Greek Islands for more than 30 years and are utterly confident that there was no cause for concern with the children being alone. One does not like to refer to it but I am sure Madeline Mc Cann & Ben Needham's parents felt the same. My Granddaughter is a pretty 12 yr old whose parents are Police officers, and by nature live with suspicion, hence the concern. Because we were all still living out of our cases and at fear of spoiling our holiday, we agreed to stay at Efrosini if a monitor could be provided so that Mum & Dad could have some peace of mind and at least listen in to the room next door. Thomson provided this the next morning without quibble and gave us a free sun cruise by way of recompense. To give credit where it is due the Sun cruise was a fantastic day out and we all agree that it should be recommended. In all the years that my wife and I have frequented the islands we have never, never made any kind of complaint and tend to accept little idiosyncrasies, so the brief list following, of where the hotel is lacking should be regarded in that context.
We are used to cats being around, but not chickens that belong to the hotels neighbour. The crazy paving around the pool was abound with weeds growing between the slabs. I had to nag the maid to replace our towels and while on the subject of the maid, this is the first occasion that I did not leave a tip, apart from the customary bin in the bathroom being emptied daily, there was no effort made in the bed making or room cleaning, with top sheets being just roughly pulled up and the only time I saw a maid make any real effort at room cleaning was when a room was vacated. The fitted hairdryer in my room (number5) was broken and at one point started to expel smoke from it's casing, I disconnected it and let the staff know my fear of electrical fire if left. I was quickly provided with a new replacement, but it required fitting?? and was therefore no use to us. As previously stated my wife & I have long supported the islands and while we can afford higher rated hotels we prefer to stay with the three star ones, as they are usually a more social environment, with activity around the pool bar. With the exception of one Bar-B-Q night which was reasonable, there was no social interaction whatsoever, no entertainment or people gathering. There is a worn out tennis court, which is overgrown and tired with trees and shrubbery, the hotel could well learn from similar hotels across the road and install a pool table where for a small fee would encourage guests to frequent the area.
It is fair to say that the overworked Fortis did everything to keep people happy during the day and he couldn't have been more friendly. I have always returned to the poolside bar after eating out in the evenings and as a family we all did so on this holiday, sadly despite all efforts, we found ourselves going to our rooms as there were no other guests there.
Our love of the Greek islands makes us return year after year and many to the same hotels, but sadly the Efrosini left us wanting. It saddens me even more to have to report thus and I certainly will not return here. I have been to Kefalonia previously, staying at the Pelagos bay hotel in Skala. I would suggest that the owners of the Efrosini visit there and see how it should be done.

Room Tip: !0,11,12 for quality, but not pool overlooking, rooms 2 & 5 overlook pool
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
EfrosiniVillage, Manager at Efrosini Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thank you for your review. We apologise for all the inconvenience experienced during your stay. That has been part of a problem caused by the developments with one of our affiliate tour operators (LowCost Holidays) going into default and the mess generated with their bookings during the end of July and beginning of August. As a result we had to change your accommodation for the first night of your stay and split your booking for an apartment into two studios. We considered that since the children were 12 and 14 years old, there wouldn't be a problem having a room neighbouring with that of their parents. We certainly realise that these changes brought inconvenience and frustration that should have no place during holidays. Please consider that they were not a result of indifference towards your holiday rather of unforeseen exigencies. Also, we thank you for your suggestions and remarks with regards to our premises. We always keep close attention to reviews taking feedback towards immediate changes or future renovations.