“A real find”
Review of The Chai Shop

The Chai Shop
Reviewed November 18, 2017

If you are in Bishops Castle you must go there.
Exceptional food excellent service and run by a lady who deserves to succeed..

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Just popped in out of curiosity & WOW !

I felt like I had taken a trip in Doctor Who's TARDIS. Transported back in time to my childhood . The authentic Indian spices and gorgeous aromas of my mothers kitchen.

Tara ( lovely lady like Tara King from The Avengers ) is like my Mum.
A First Class cook & warm & welcoming.

The food is outstanding , delicious, & fantastic value for money .

My other half could not fault anything .

We loved the meat & vegetable curries & rice, the bhajis, & the meat samosas.
And the pickle too !

As good as my dear old mums cooking ( Sorry Mum but you won't be reading this ! )

Good Health, Peace, Love & Happiness to Tara & all readers of this review.

May Your God Go With You

Love Arthur

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We did not expect to find a place like this in a small rural town, but very pleased we did. Absolutely delicious food, and all gluten free except for samosas. We had a friendly welcome and felt warm and comfortable on a cold, rainy day. If we lived closer we’d be regulars.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This is an unusual find in the high street of a country town. Run almost single handed by an Indian lady who escaped Idi Amin's Uganda, it offers authentic home cooked food. Tasty bhajis and curries using fresh local ingredients, Sponge cake scented with cardamom and spiced chai tea. Tiny premises but with a big heart.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Really excellent food, freshly cooked that day with home grown vegetables. The owner and chef is a lovely friendly woman and will go out of her way to ensure you have a great meal either in shop/cafe or with a take-away.

Date of visit: September 2017