All reviews pool area mar menor two bedroom apartment great bed great pool facilities beach within walking distance salt pool kids loved the slides large hotel walk in shower self catering washing machine and dishwasher minutes drive away bit out of the way the hotel car park power shower young family
Reviewed February 18, 2017

Paided online for a spa break for my wife as a surprise for birthday and valintine break ,in arrival first thing as we got out of the car was the smell of pig muck wow it was so strong ,never mind got inside nice lobby but on approach to the desk we were not even greeted by the desk clerk ,I asked to book in she just ignored me and talked to assistant, after a few minutes she decided to book us in ,very unfriendly untidy miserable could not believe it how rude ,I booked in and asked what time spa shut she said it's closed due to repairs ? No pool ,no sauna,no no nothing, I did a spa break with no spa,why was it not explained on advert I asked ,she said it is look with huffing and puffing attitude ,I said that was not on when I booked six days ago she said yes it was ,lucky for me another couple had booked night before and they tried ed to tell her the same she was still saying it was ,I called for manager who took me into her office and after some time admitted the advert had just been adjusted that morning ,I asked for my money back and she said no ? I said you advertise your hotel with no spa,she said I will give you lunch if you stay ,that's was funny as we were trying to book in a couple was complaining about the food quality,we did not stay no upgrade to a room with a bath offered or anything else ,we decided we could not stay ,senator spoilt my wife's birthday and valintine and a week later still no refund .Please please don't book this hotel their is honesty nothing good too say
have

Date of stay: February 2017
5  Thank Cramlingtontouriers
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Mar Menor Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Only through the comments of our guests, we are able to know about their experiences.

Regarding your comment about the Spa, We had some pretty nasty rain which had caused havoc in our spa. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. However, it must be said that in effect we gave you the option to have a lunch and to upgrade to a superior room but you did not accept all alternatives offered. Please know that it is our aim that all our guests spend the best days of their holidays with us and our daily work is to give the best service to them.

We sincerely hope you will give us a new chance to attend you in the future and we are at your full disposal at any time.

Regards,
Eusebia Martínez

Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

We called here on a few of occasions to start our night with g&t our. First couple of visits was pleasant David behind the bar knew how to serve the different gin and tonics made polite conversation on our following nights the staff didn't have much knowledge of bar work didn't understand any English this visit was very different. Not sure I would like to stay here as it seemed very very quiet with no atmosphere

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Mar Menor Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

Yours sincerely,
Eusebia Martinez,
General Manager.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

I booked this hotel via booking.com. A few days before travelling I was advised by email that the Spa area had been flooded by a storm and the Spa was shut. The email said the management had agreed to refund cancelled bookings. Because we intended to use the Spa we decided to cancel. After doing so the hotel sent us a snotty email saying that the booking was not non refundable and they would not refund the payment. I sent them a copy of the email I had received from Booking.com and also pointed out that we had booked a hotel with Spa facilities and they were not able to deliver those services. I received no response from the hotel and have now been chasing booking.com for a refund for nearly three weeks. A complete waste of my time and effort.

I appreciate the Spa getting flooded was not their problem but the refusal to refund the money despite evidence they had agreed to do so with booking.com is just dishonest. I will get my money back because I have referred the matter to my credit card company but I suggest people find a different hotel who understand customer service.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darrell B

Dear guest,

Regarding your comment about the Spa, We had some pretty nasty rain which had caused havoc in our spa. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We will bear your impressions in mind and We hope that you give us another chance and in the next visit your perception of the product received is entirely satisfactory.

We stay in your entire disposal and hope that you return to visit us in other occasions, meanwhile we will continue working in achieving our goal that is that our guests enjoy their stay along their holiday in our establishment.

Yours sincereley,

Reviewed November 19, 2016

We booked a room for Saturday night, large room and comfortable bed. The next morning when we woke up there was no hot water for showering. We called reception and they told us to wait 10 minutes. After waiting 30 minutes there was still no hot water, we called again and they said to wait another 15 minutes. We waited another 25 minutes with still no hot water. We went down to the front desk and asked them for a solution, they said that it wasn't their fault for the problem. I asked then for them to provide some solution, free breakfast while waiting on another room with hot water or something... They said that they couldn't offer anything. We said we were going out to get breakfast, we went up to our room to get our car keys, when we came down the lady offered us to have breakfast at the hotel... This was only after I had suggested it to her.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Divad L
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Mar Menor Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. So sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the hotel. We hope that you give us another chance and in the next visit your perception of the product received is entirely satisfactory.

Best regards,
Senator Mar Menor Golf and Spa Resort****

Reviewed November 6, 2016

We booked a weekend trip normally stay at 525 but this room was fantastic
Staff were great,Facilities were great 6 pools
The SPA pool is great and overall was a 5 as we stay in London and around the world regularly but value and space this is the best with family and DOG
STAY HERE
FANTASTIC

Room tip: Room 311 or ant suites are brilliant road noise a little frustrating but the views and space are ridiculous
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us about your stay because it´s very useful for other customers who wish to stay in our hotel. We are happy to read that you felt very comfortable in our hotel and you enjoyed our SPA.

The whole Senator Mar Menor team is at your disposal and we hope to have you as our guests again.

Best regards,