“Best hotel complex on East Coast of Bulgaria”

Emerald Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Ravda
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Best hotel complex on East Coast of Bulgaria”
Reviewed 1 March 2010

EXcellent holiday. Best complex I've been to and everything was so cheap. I just popped onto villarenters.com and chose one of the many available apartments off there. The one we chose I've linked below and it was all handled very well by the owner with directions and prompt confirmation of the booking. The complex itself had everything in it from a full gymnasium to my wife's aromatherapy and massage sessions. We spent a lot of nights on the beach which took us the whole of 2 minutes walk after eating out in an array of different restaurants with absolutely fantastic food.

We would definately go again and I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ali073

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
sunderland
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I stayed in the emerald resort in July for 10 days,and must say wish i had stayed longer.
The hotel is really nice with very friendly staff at hand to assist in any way.There were always plenty of sun loungers around the pool so no problem for me being a true sun worshipper.
Down at the beach which is very clean also there were never any problems with beds and there is also a bar on the beach serving lovely food and drink at very cheap prices.
The complex also has an amazing spa for those willing to have a true pampering session
The village of Ravda has a lot to offer and is on your doorstep with extremely cheap food and drink and also shopping for the ladies.
I have already got my flights booked for July 2010 and cannot wait to go back

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank spennoTC
Sheffield
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Hi

Having stayed at Emerald Resort for 2 weeks, I felt that I had to write a review.
The Resort is so beautiful and the staff very friendly.

It has a fantastic pool area which is the biggest pool I have ever seen, plus my mother was able to use it as there were steps that lead into it. Unlike those ladders.
There were 4 outside pools and one indoor pool which is connected to the spa area.

We travelled as a family of 5, my husband and I and 2 children plus my Mother.

I thought the apartment which was 1 bedroom would be too small but the lounge area had a double bed sofa, which was very comfortable memory foam and a single pull out, again with a good quality mattress. Housekeeping had our beds all ready and as we arrived late at night they came as put the sofa bed down for us. (Which I’m glad they did as I would have been taking off all the cushions)

The owners also had a second bed in the double bedroom and we hired a cot from the reception for a small cost.

Our apartment was in the Damask wing away from the pool and was very big and spacious, and we got the afternoon sun of the terrace.

We didn’t really know what to expect with this holiday as it's the first holiday that we had booked not in a package, but the owner had filled us in on what was available in the area and the resort. I have to say we not disappointed.

We paid £240 for our flights with Balkan holiday Flights from Manchester to Bourgas and the Apartment was £350 a week. So the total price per/person not including my 14 month old was £415.00 per/person for 2 weeks in 5 Star luxuries.

We all loved Ravda, the spirit of the place is alive but it has a great family feeling, very comfortable and not full of drunks (unlike sunny beach). The main culture from what we could see was wining and dining, relaxing and enjoying the evening’s warm weather.

If you make a choice to visit this place you will not be disappointed. The resort has everything to offer a family, also a couple my husband and I are thinking of going back just the 2 of us and using the Spa area more.

We also Visited Nessebar while we were there, we got a local bus for less than £1 which took us to the walls. We spent half a day wondering through the streets looking at the art and the gifts and we had a great seafood lunch.

When we booked with the owner she gave us the option of our hospitality package, we opted for cleaning at the end of the first week and the compulsory one at the end.
The house keeping came in and changed all the beds and the apartment was clean for us in just 30mins. There is a laundry that you can use which is very handy if you have children like mine. Also there is a children’s club, Oliver went on the odd day and really enjoyed it, and it was a free service

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank IssySheffield
London
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We stayed at the Emerald right at the end of the summer season so it was really quiet. The resort was preparing for winter so the deck chairs were put away and the children's pool closed but the weather was good and there is an indoor pool when it's too cold to use the outdoor one. The outdoor pool is huge and set in lovely landscapred gardens.

The staff were very pleasant, the resort is stunning and all round 5 star with a luxious massage spa area, providing authentic Asian massages as well as saunas. The room (a one-bed apartment) was perfect for 4. The bar and restaurant are pleasant but the prices make it worth your while to walk 100 metres to the range of restaurants in the village of Ravda - it was a shame that the Sky Bar was closed as this apparently gives stunning views over the Black Sea and the local area.

Definitely worth a visit for a bit of pampering and luxury although don't go too late in the season - go before mid-September.

• Liked — Pure quality - the spa
  • Disliked — Food prices
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank c0bbler
Central Coast Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2008

On arrival to the resort, it reminded me of one of the many beautiful resorts I've stayed in, in Asia. The grounds and amenities were amazing and didn't lack for anything.
What I liked the most was the closeness of the village to the resort(less than a minutes walk).

Their were numerous restaurants and bars to choose from. The food was fantastic(but if you like your steaks,not the country for you). Lamb is a specialty here for obvious reasons. There was a large selection of local wine and beer. To eat out in the village was fun and CHEAP.

Definitely will be back

• Liked — The afternoon, late evening sun. On the quieter side of the complex
  • Disliked — Only one bedroom
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank lilleee
Motherwell
Reviewed 28 June 2008

Went there last year and enjoyed it so much so that we are going back again this year. Ravda village is very cheap to eat out in so would advised you tried it.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank SaltireMotherwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravda
8.9 km away
2.8 km away
Sol Nessebar Palace
Sol Nessebar Palace
#1 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Emerald Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!