All reviews private bungalow shared bathroom view is amazing separate bungalows recommended place walking distance from town cat ba town minute walk location is great pancakes breakfast included boat ride rent motorbikes would definitely stay here again double bed view of the bay halong bay
Reviewed March 30, 2018

I love this hotel! Our room is super cute and we have the best view! I wish they could fix the rooms a little bit because the style and design has promise. Our room has two double beds, the other one is on the loft. We didn't use it though cause going up the stairs can be tiring. Not to say, dangerous. LOL.

We booked our Halong bay tour through the hostel. So same drill, they book it for you, you just need to show up and they will pick you up at the hotel. This hostel has an amazing staff as well. They book everything for you and you just need to show up.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Myself and 25 of my other friends stayed on the cliff side of this beautiful hostel on Cat Ba Island. Checking in was quick (especially for our large group). I shared the 'family room' with my two friends. We had our own private bathroom and beautiful balcony with breathtaking views of the ocean and town.
They have a little restaurant with both local and western food. Our favorite part were the 'Buckets' gotta get one ( or five ). There is also upper decks to watch the sunset in the evenings.
I accidentally left one of my belongings at the bungalow and they have found it and have been in correspondence with me. The staff were very helpful throughout. I sincerely hope that I get the chance to come back for a visit!

Room tip: Ask for 'family room' or 'loft room'
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

We decided to get a drinks and relax. In deed, this place have a very nice view. The restaurant have billiard tables and a large space for parking. The staff are friendly and nice.

It’s recommended place to relax. For stay I’m not sure. Will come and try in the future.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

The dorm does not have window curtains, light from the restaurant shines brightly during the night. At 6 AM one wakes up by the day light and the sound of a rooster. Why does a hostel keep a rooster that wakes up guests at 5:30 AM? Is this suppose to be a village homestay?

The walls between the restaurant and dorm are thin, so guests can sleep when the restaurant closes at 22:30.

The top bunk beds have no privacy. As there are no curtains between the dorm and restaurant, people sitting in the restaurant can look how a dorm guests prepare themselve to sleep.

The unpleasant feeling is further enforced by plastic matrass covers and the unattentive staff.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2018

What a view utterly fabulous.
Thats about it. The rooms aren't great, the breakfast is missable at best. The showers and toilets aren't kept clean and the place feels 100 years in the past in the worst way possible. The staff try to be helpful but something is drastically missing which is a shame. Its a 20 minute walk to Cat Ba town. Transport is cheap but theres little going on here which is a shame.

Best bet hope theres karaoke happening so you can grab a beer and take in the delights which await

I would say theres better in Cat Ba but i don't think there is. If your staying here then this is an alright place but nothing special at all

Date of stay: June 2017