All reviews pool man welcome pack thomson rep private pool cleaned daily onsite restaurant floor boards washing powder great villa greek night minute drive on arrival bbc news in english cleaned every day mixer tap bedroom and bathroom hard mattress
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We travelled with Thomson to the Aresti villas and had a choice of 4 when we booked. The villa that we had was relatively private - there is a possibility of being looked over by the next door upstairs, but generally the pool areas are not looked over. The villas are kept clean and tidy by the daily maid and pool man/gardener and they will do as much as they can do to help. Maria in the kitchen and Marlene also work tirelessly every day to make sure that the stay is as good as possible. In the villas themselves the décor is a mixture of furniture and decorations. The white goods and the TV can be a bit hit and miss - and there is A/C in all of the bedrooms, although it would have been nice to also have it in the main living room. We thought that the food was OK, but 5 minutes travel by car can find better restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AliGlen
Reviewed August 13, 2016

Just returned from 2 weeks in the Artemis Villa. We visited 2 yrs ago, and had a great holiday again. Maria and Marlene who run the place made us feel so welcome. We have 3 kids 12, 9, 5 they all had a good holiday. The views are great, the villas have real charm, quite rustic, but perfect for a base. The main resort we spent our time at was Alikes, 15mins away in the car. You can park right next to the sandy beech and there are lots of tavernas, snack bars etc to eat out at. A great holiday - would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JamesXM m
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Just back from a truly relaxing week away at Aresti Villas , staff couldn't have been more helpful. Really clean inside and out, well equipped. Very spacious and private. We will be booking again. Beautiful setting and great to get around the island.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This was our 2nd visit and we just love this place it's quiet and charming but has everything you need including great restuarant serving breakfast and dinner they will even deliver it to your villa. All the staff are amazing especially Marlene and Maria but even the cleaners are cheerful - you have your own pool with great views all in a central location great for exploring great for couples or families with young children. They also host a great Greek night every Wednesday be prepared to dance :) x

Room Tip: it's a quiet retreat away from it all
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

I just returned from a 2 week holiday at Aresti villas. I had a brilliant time. I travelled with my husband and 2 young children (aged 2 and 4)
We stayed in Chryssia villa which I would really recommend for families with young children. There are no stairs inside so very safe for young ones. There is air con in the rooms so my two children slept really well all night - massive bonus for exhausted parents.
The villa is very spacious as are the grounds and pool. I believe it has the biggest pool and garden of all the villas at Aresti. The pool is set away from the villa - separated by a driveway, so it felt safer for my children, with less chance of them wandering out an open door of the villa and falling into the water.
There is a restaurant for the villas which serves good food and is convenient if you want to eat locally. (Any other restaurants require you to drive as the villas are in a peaceful and remote location and not in a resort.) The restaurant is situated right next to the children's playground so perfect if you have children.
The Greek night that the villas run is great - lovely food, brilliant dancing and very reasonable price. My children had loads of fun dancing and joining in.

The villas are located off the main road north/south through the island so really well positioned to get around and visit places. We visited the locations suggested by the Thomsons rep Louise, who is excellent and gave is some really good advice for where to visit with young children. She has lived on the Island for many years and has young children of her own so she had some great tips. She also leant us two bags full of books for my children to read ( borrowed from he own children!) which was much appreciated and a great personal touch. She is fantastic - the best rep I have ever had with a holiday company!

Places I would recommend to visit include Porto Limnionas (beautiful cove where you can swim in clear waters, great restaurant - photos below) Keri village, lighthouse and beach (hire a boat and explore the caves and island) Agios Nikolias to see the blue caves - also a beautiful and really quiet village with great tavernas and a quiet beach, the mountain road to reach the blue caves with all the secluded beaches that sit just off here. The nearest resort to the villas Alykes (and Alykanas) also have great beaches and lovely restaurants and are only a 10 minute drive away.

Overall I loved Zante and would definitely visit again - I rarely say this as I prefer to visit somewhere new each year. If I did return I would definitely stay at The Aresti villas through Thomsons as it was such a fantastic, relaxing, pretty place. And I hope Louise will be there as she is so helpful.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family