“Wow wow wow!!!what a trip ”

Southern Prairie Railway
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Ogema
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Wow we took the settlers supper train tour on the Southern Prairie Railway fro Ogema to Horizon.
Great 45 min train ride , then an amazing prairie supper in an old abandoned church in an old town.
Meal was great , staff was super friendly and the ride in an old Pullman car was great.

Highly recommend take a ride on one of the trips ( check website/Facebook.

All reviews
"watermelon"
"catholic church"
"great information"

Reviewed July 15, 2017

We had always talked about going on the train and finally we did it. Weather was great, the conductor and narrator-Carole were wonderful people. We did the tour to Horizon elevator, which we were very familiar with after 25 years of working in an elevator. We too didn't know about the museum which was unfortunate as we could have been t Ogema earlier, that is the only complaint.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

My family and I had a wonderful time riding this heritage train. The ride was relaxing and the guides were informative. The stop at the grain elevator and office was interesting and the view the whole way was gorgeous. Renewed my appreciation of our prairie landscape. We also saw lots of wildlife! It was interesting wandering through the train station in Ogema and seeing all the historic artifacts. This is an experienced enjoyed by young and old. I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Went on the steak dinner train ride for our anniversary. Go if you loves trains and want to smell the diesel exhaust and hear the clacking of the rails. Just bring cash. They let you buy booze on board for 5.00 and I really wish I had $ cuz it would of made being eaten by bugs and being frozen to death cuz the windows didn't shut more tolerable.
Skip the steak dinner train ride tho. The website said the steaks would be cooked to your liking.... they were all mass cooked and by cooked I mean chard. I don't know if it's a Saskatchewan thing but in Alberta we do not cook our steaks till they resemble boot leather. Both my boyfriend and I took one bite and just ate the sides which was sad considering it was $108 and we were really excited for steak as we're both huge me eaters. the admission includes free entrance for the season to their Prairie museum which is probably well worth the money as it's a whole town but again the website didn't say this so we showed up just in time for the train ride and didn't get to spend any time at the Museum I wouldn't recommend this to my friends or family but again go if you love trains and want experience

See more reviews
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I have been on the train twice and enjoyed both trips. While touring an elevator may not be exciting for some of us, it's a perfect match for the Prairie theme. The ride is slow and relaxing and the guides offer local stories and dress the part. Young kids may need something to keep them entertained after the initial excitement wears off. I think it's the perfect place to take a large group of friends. Visit, relax, and learn a bit on the way. I'd love to attend a theme ride!