“No need to go there”

Crystal Beach Resort
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We went there on a Saturday, there was nowhere to park, lines were long and useless as they picked and chose whom to help next. When we finally got helped there were no more day huts available and you still had to pay to get in.

Go to the smaller no name places right next door and you can go to Crystal Beach for surfing lessons like Prince JB resort

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Crystal Beach Resort

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

My friends and I recently visited this place and we loved how relaxing the ambiance can be. Foods are great-- worth the price. If there's a place where I can just camp and relax for the entire day, this will be it. Recommended for those people who seek peace while enjoying the beach.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Well maintained facility. Rooms are clean and presentable.

Beach is very clean. Sand is very fine.

Staff - friendly and accommodating.

Internet - limited. Globe and Smart having a hard time getting LTE/4G signal.

Insects are present during afternoon and night time. Beware of mosquitoes.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I went here with couple of friends to attend a wedding, unfortunately had to stay for like 3days. The accommodation is so so, room is so small and not so neat .. for the price you've paid you can find a better resort definitely. Service is slow as our room got locked because of faulty doorlocks, it took like 15-30 mins before it got resolved. Also the food is OVERPRICED. Imagine buying a 3in1 nescafe coffee (they give u the sachet literally) with hot water in a mug for P35, or brewed coffee for P55. And this is not even 3 star beach resort. Overall amenities is just okay. Though they offer some instagrammable spots, it is a place where u might want to go once but will never come back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2017

This place is the closest surf point from Metro Manila by driving. It is not just for surfing but it is also a great place to getaway with family and friends. You can opt to stay either in the tent or hotel rooms. There are few hotel rooms designed of indigenous Filipino styled house like Nipa Hut. Most of it is without A/C but the room is clean. It can be cold during wee hours in the morning. Although they said my room can fit for 4 pax but I feel it is small. So I feel it is just nice for an overnight stay.

I’m a little disappointed the condition of the shared restroom and bathroom.

The food in Domingo’s Grill & Restaurant is just an average. Food in Snacks Bar is much better. You can purchase the food in snacks bar and bring over to the restaurant. BBQ pit area is provided. WiFi signal is strong at Restaurant and Reception area.

The beach is great and waves were strong that make it a good surfing spot. They tied up with the Quicksilver Surf School but I feel the instructor that I got is just ok. But I did have a fun time.

Staffs are helpful and friendly.
I wanted to give a 4 stars rating but just that I have a mixed feeling. There is a few area still need some improvement.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SwennySG
Reviewed 29 June 2017

It is my first time in Zambales and this place made my first time memorable. Crystal beach is 4 - 6 hrs travel time from Metro Manila depending on the traffic. We did not have our own car so we followed the simple directions from the resort's website. We rode the bus from Victory Liner (bound to Iba, Zambales at Pasay), had an stopover at Olongapo city, got off at San Narciso, Zambales and had a 5 min tricycle ride to the resort itself.

When we arrived ,I can already see that the place is neat and clean, the staffs are also nice and greeted us politely. It was weekdays when we got there but its also the peak season so there are average number of people enjoying the place. I advice people that are planing to stay overnight to book a room online prior to going because we just only got lucky that we are able to avail a room since most of the rooms are already booked (but there are camping site where you can also stay with tents available for renting). We arrived at around 11am but the check in time was 2PM and check out time at 12NN so we had to wait a little while for the room to be prepped but they allowed us to explore the place while at it.

There are sands everywhere! but in a good way. You can definitely feel the summer heat while walking towards the beach but not that exposed to the sun because they have this picturesque walkway that shields you. Beach is nice and there are warnings and lifeguards around to keep you safe. After going to the beach, we had lunch and checked our room. We had fun in the beach and talked to a few boatmans (Island tour is not available at the time because they are having a seminar about water safety) to take us the next day to Capone's Island. During the night, we enjoyed the bonfire and chit chat until 11pm.

The next day, we ate at a breakfast buffet inclusive to guest who avail their room.
Travel by boat to Capone's Island for 2hrs (back and forth), took a lot of pictures and prepared to go home around 11am.

Pros:
1. Its a good place to bond with friends especially if you like quiet and relaxing places.
2. Staff with good rapport with guest
3. The sea

Cons:
1. Above average price; we spent almost 9000 pesos (not including the trasportation) for a group of 4 people. Room: 4950 Food: 1500 (lunch and dinner) Boat ride: 2000.
2. Not so much activities to be done aside from surfing and volleyball

I can tell that the place is well maintained and made spending a few bucks worth it and If improved, I believe that this place will be more popular. I will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We haven't left the place yet and already, we were planning on going back. We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and it just... wasn't... enough.

THE STAFF
The staff is very warm, welcoming and approachable. I don't remember ever talking to someone who didn't smile. The check-in process was a breeze! All our needs are met.

LOCATION
Very accessible. San Narciso bus stop is about a 5-7 minutes ride away from the resort. And the public market is a 2-minute walk away from the bus stop. Make sure to tell the bus conductor to drop you off at San Narciso.

HOURS OF OPERATION
Crystal Beach is open 24/7, 365 days a year. They don't even close on holidays.

ROOMS
The room we booked, Tower of John, is not beach-front but we couldn't have asked for more since we like the quiet (rooms that are closer to the beach can get a bit noisy as there's usually where the majority of the crowd is). Tower of John costs PHP1850/night (inclusive of breakfast for two), to-date. We had a GREAT, undisturbed sleep!

THE BEACH
Waves can get a bit rowdy at times, but the lifeguards are always all eyes and all ears on the swimmers. They have safety precautions such as warning signs on areas where the water's deep or there's a strong current. They also put up safety flags (the red and yellow flags) and between these two flags is where it's safe to swim. Good for surfers - beginners and pros. The waves are actually what we came here for - not because we wanted to surf, but because we love the therapeutic effect of big, rough waves!

FAQs:

1. What time does the nearest public market open?
Locals say the public market doesn't open until probably 7 or 8 in the morning.

2. Do they have a smoking area?
Plenty. Apart from the trash bins that are literally everywhere, they also have cigarette butt basins on beach huts and outside the dining hall so please make sure to toss them where they should be tossed. I still see cigarette butts on the ground, like, really, people???

3. Do they serve alcoholic beverages?
(We haven't tried their drinks, but,) Yes, they have a bar where they serve alcoholic drinks.

4. Is this resort pet-friendly?
Very! I see fur-babies everywhere! You can't bring them inside the rooms though.

5. Is their buffet breakfast served daily?
Not daily, no. According to the gentleman I spoke with in the reception area, buffet breakfast is only served once they've reached the minimum of 30 guests. Otherwise, the breakfast voucher (worth PHP250 per person) is consumable. They serve great food!

6. Until what time are guests allowed to swim?
The waves can get reaally rowdy. For all the guests' safety, they do not allow swimming when it gets dark. Additionally, as long as the "yellow and red" flags are still up, you can swim all you want. That said, you can't swim until Mr. Lifeguard raises them flags.

7. Where are rooms/CR's/dining area/etc located?
Please see the little map of the resort we've created (uploaded along with this review) to know where the rooms and other facilities are located. This is a HUGE resort, activity and fun-filled. I HIGHLY doubt you'll ever get bored.

8. Are there sari-sari stores nearby?
Lots of them. The nearest is right in front of the resort's entrance.

9. How much and how long is the tricycle ride?
From the bus stop, Crystal Beach Resort is about 5-7 minutes away. The fare is PHP15 per person.

10. How do I commute back to Manila?
From the bus stop, wait for Victory Liner buses that are bound to Olongapo. From Olongapo, there are plenty of buses going to Pasay/Cubao.

OVERALL
I understand now why people who've gone to this place would always wanna go back. You just wouldn't get enough!

Room Tip: Jungle hostels are the closest to the beach
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hazey H
1.2 km away
Mope Beach Resort
Mope Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in San Narciso

Been to Crystal Beach Resort? Share your experiences!