All reviews stay there again minute walk family run san candido sheets train menus luggage tv meters dishes noise spa summer balcony dinner dolomites
Reviewed September 1, 2018

This family run hotel is fabulous - very friendly staff and attentive service. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the train station and probably another few minutes into the "downtown" core....Dobbiaco is a small centre but has everything you need. The spa at the hotel is one of the nicest I have seen; very impressed with the size of the swimming pool, the rooms are comfortable with good beds and nice balconies overlooking the area; the food was very very good - we were on the half board plan - lots of choices for breakfast and dinner - again lots of choice. One could choose from three different menus for every day. We were sorry we could not stay a week!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We decide to stay in this hotel as our final destination after a long bike trip Fortezza-Dobbiacco. We were very happy to see that this hotel is included in the bike road and we didn’t waste time to find it!
But unfortunately check-in and check-out times are not that friendly, also the breakfast time is a little bit late for those who have a long trip ahead to start early in the morning. Also our room was close to the train station and the poor sound isolation of the room did not spare us from all the noises and we didn’t had a good night sleep.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018

I spent a week there and i was really glad to relax in the Spa after a long-day work. The rooms, to be honest, are rather basic and a sheet (instead of a summer blanket only) would have been appreciated, but I must admit I did not complain, so I cannot tell whether I would have been provided with sheets, had I asked. The rooms are not very big: in my room the really small TV (20-inch screen, maybe?) was in a sort of sitting room area separated from the sleeping area: I did not have time to watch TV but somebody might find this annoying. In all the other rooms I saw, though, there was only one area equipped with Tv and all the rest and, in some cases, a bench and a table too. The rooms with the balconies had also the advantage of the beautiful view of the Dolomites.
Apart from this, the restaurant was fabulous: every morning we were presented with three different menus to freely choose from for our dinner and water and wine were included too. The food served was delicious and very well presented: I had been on a diet for 6 weeks before getting there but I gave up the first day I tasted their dishes! Then, there was a common sitting area with a big TV, tables, benches, armchairs, etc. , an indoor swimming pool, saunsa and spa, and I think there was also a football pitch which I did not use.Everything was included with the exception of massages which were available next to the Spa.

The hotel is central but it takes a 10-minute walk to get to the heart of the town; nevertheless, the railway station is just a hundred metres away (although I never heard a train passing when I was in the hotel) so it was really handy to get a train to San Candido (a 5-minute ride or so) and other places.

What I especially liked about the hotel, besides the restaurant and the Spa, was its atmosphere: cosy and family-run. The owner greeted us on arrival and often inquired if everything was ok during dinner. So, despite the rooms, for me the hotel was excellent!

Room Tip: I advise to ask for a room with a balcony to enjoy the beautiful landscape.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

Bruno, together with his family and staff is running a very personal and serviceminded hotel. The food were excellent. I can recommend this hotel to everyone, especially cross country skiers since the track runs 20 m from the hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2017

What a wonderful experience for our Choir Group, so much so that our conductor returned there with his own family several weeks after the tour finished. The staff were always helpful and kind. Speaking three languages - Italian, Australian and Australian made life easier.
Our rooms were quickly allocated and I was given a lovely large suite with a good ensuite. I found the rooms warm so slept under just a sheet - despite it being summer. My laundry I could wash in the sink and hang out on my enclosed balcony and it would be dry in a few hours.
The student rooms were lovely with a combination of 2 and 3 to a room.
Food - breakfast was included and there was plenty of it. And I mean plenty. The food was always being stocked, they catered for all our dietary needs and if we wanted anything special it would be accommodated. Now that's what I call service.
On sunny days we would sit outside on the lovely outdoor furniture and just chill, rehearse or use the internet to catch up with others.
There is also a bar area where we could order drinks and light snacks. The staff were great at chatting to us and were always interesting.
As this was a group booking I don't know the room cost but everything was certainly of a great standard. It's not 5 star but it is a very high 4 star in my books where good staff, plenty of fresh food and central to town count for alot to me.
Internet was good, albeit a little slow but when 36 of us rock up and log in at the same time, you can imagine it slows down a little.
Students enjoyed the indoor pool and we made use of the conference room for choir rehearsals. Nothing was ever too much trouble.
The hotel is conveniently located to the railway line which is 200m away but the trains don't run at night so need to worry about any noise.
Thank you again to everyone at Hotel Union. You were truly a highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: Room facing the main road have excellent mountain views
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business