See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Stayed one week for walking trips in every direction. The hotel is at a crosspoint of main roads, but at night it is quiet.It is some 10 minutes walkiing to the bus station and supermarket, to the other side Rooms have all balconies, but no other windows, and as I found out, smoking is allowed on balconies, forcing those who don't like the smell and smoke, to close the room. This summer was very hot, and it should be noted that no fan or airconditioning cools the room. The furniture is enough, but the shower is really small. As a small person it was impossible for me to move even a bit. I cannot imagine a big person taking a shower there. Based on reviews here I took my own shampoo with me, and it seemed that the amount of soap and shampoo provided was not large
Public area's were nice with many pamphlets about the surroundings, a bar, lounge and outside sitting too.
The dining room was big, dining had a choice of two dishes for first course and main course, not always a vegetarian dish included. It seems that the kitchen doesn't understand that 'no meats' includes no bacon!.
They still charge 1Euro for a caraffe of tapwater. When asked there was fruit as desert. The best part was the big buffet of salats, only two dishes with meat, and a lot of different dishes. Breakfast was also large with a good choice of cereals, fruits, yoghurts, breads and different meats and cheeses. It seems that they try to learn from earlier remarks,but there is still a way to go.

Room tip: Try to askfor a room
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed September 18, 2014

We stayed here as part of a walking tour package organised by Explore. The hotel is a mix of good and bad. On our arrival at 1am the lights were off and no one to welcome us. The room was cold that night and on further nights when it was a bit cool there was no way to heat the room. The bed was awful. It is what I call a banana bed and I didn’t sleep well for most of the nights. The room and bathroom were clean but it could do with a little TLC. The breakfast was okay and there was just enough variety of things to eat. Some of the staff were cheery and friendly and others were rather more stony. We ate most of our evening meals here as they were included in the tour price. To be fair they were okay with a couple of notable exceptions one of which was mint green tiramisu which didn’t taste of tiramisu. The mountains surround the hotel and town of Dobbiaco and the views are great (when the cloud lifts). This hotel is geared up for groups and I think they rather take them for granted.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a walking group from the UK. It was already pre-booked for us but I contacted the hotel seperately and asked them if I could upgrade to one on their 'Comfort Rooms' as they sounded better and at €5pppn I thought would be a nice treat.
We arrived at 1am and on entering the room I was a little disappointed. The next day on looking at the other groups rooms I noted they were exactly the same. On enquiring with reception I was told that I was in a 'Comfort Room' and my robe and spare towell would be delivered shortly. When I insisted that I had seen other std rooms and they were exactly the same the receptionist looked embarressed. I returned the robe and did not pay for upgrade.
On checking out I was presented with a bill for €7 pp for the week and told it was a TOURIST TAX!! I refused to pay and later found out that this 'tax' was already included in our rate! Not very happy at all that this hotel on two occassion tried to deceive me!!
FOOD - ok - better than I was expecting to be fair but breakfast could have more variety.
There is a good Italian on the opposite corner but you will need to book.
LOCATION - on a busy roundabout a little may out of Dobbiaco but within walking distance. Dobbiaco itself is in a wonderful valley with beautiful views.
BAR - good freindly service
HOUSE KEEPING - good - rooms cleaned well
GENERAL CONDITION - old fashioned and needs bringing up to date.

Room tip: The rooms at the front of this hotel face onto the main road so are quite noisy.
Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived late in the evening, there were no staff to receive us.
The hotel seems to be run on a maximum profit basis. Tap water costs 1euro per litre in the dining room, bathroom supplies are not replaced, there is no butter with dinner & food is very mediocre. Some staff are helpful but unprofessional & the dinning room service can be extremely slow. Flies in the dining room were a problem. One needs to be early for breakfast & dinner as buffet food runs out.
There is no AC or English language TV & the beds are short. The wi-fi is unreliable - but free.

Room tip: At least one room has a bath & a separate shower - but bring your own bathroom supplies if you plan to stay for more than one night!
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at this place for a week. It's part of our walking holiday package. This hotel benefits from a great location. Rooms could do with a makeover, but at least they are clean. Bathroom amenities are not replenished though - so make sure you bring enough. We were given one sachet of bath gel/shampoo and 2 pieces of tiny soap for two people for 7 days! The worst thing is the food. Whoever who made the food simply doesn't like food. And the hotel obviously don't know about vegetarian. We finally cracked and decided to have our last night dinner at a nearby restaurant. That proved to be the best thing we did for the whole week.

Date of stay: September 2013