All reviews self catering greek night pool area air con next year pool rules lovely hotel thomas cook bed and breakfast bar staff mini fridge deep end year after year our week stay bars and restaurants garden view paradise bar
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We have been coming for the past 12 years now and have always found the hotel owners Dimi and Babis to be very polite and friendly nothing too much trouble for them. Princess is a lovely hotel in a good area of tsilivi.The pool area is always kept spotlessly clean with plenty of sun beds.Only got one problem this time (not here long enough) Thanks Dimi,Babis,Spearos,Sonya and all the staff for making our holiday will be back next year YAMAS !!!! Sandra & Glen xx

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank griffithsrg3
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

I have just returned from a two week stay in Tsilvi Zante princes hotel.

I have stayed the same hotel apartment for many years however over the last three years the hotel owner has been less than friendly, we now know that this is because we choose to spend our money on food/drinks outside of the hotel.

As we don’t spend our money over the bar or eat their food (which doesn’t) have a good reputation anyway..

Bearing in mind we go twice a year and have already booked twice for next year, however after this experience we will most defiant be cancelling.

I have never been so traumatised in my life and couldn’t wait to get home, two days into the holiday I fell down an open manhole which was situated around the pool, it was left open several inches and as I slipped and fell onto it my body weight opened it.
I slipped and fell and I ended up going down to my waist. I have been left with excruciating pain and extram bruising from this.
Thankfully people around were more than helpful and supported me and got me back up and I sat down. I have never hurt myself so much and have been left black/blue with broozes all over my body. Not only this but it could have been a young child who had slipped down the hole which doesn’t bear to think about.

Not at any point did a member of management come to help and check I was ok. Bearing in mind we stayed two weeks and this happened on the second day. Throughout the two weeks I wasn’t asked if I was okay, offered any help or of any medical assistance.
It appeared the whole hotel either witnessed or heard of my fall.
One evening myself and friend were sat on the balcony and Babis (the owner) assumed I was talking about him on the night after my fall.

Ten minutes later a member of staff was by Babbis, & said if you don’t like it here pack up and go Babbis never does his own dirty work he is not not man enough.
On the morning of our departure Babbis waited for myself and friend in the corridor and ranted and screamed at us never ever to come back to to his hotel again. Babbis was screaming with arms outstretched and I actually thought that he was going to hit us The way he was physically shouting and thought he may be physically violent also.

This hotel is perfectly situated and very pretty but you have been want only go if you are prepared to spend lots of money whilst in the hotel the attitude of the owner will change.
However if not, expect to be treated very nastily. if you do not

I will finish by saying this is after 15 years of going to Zante, back then my partner was alive and Babbis was never bothered because I was with my male partner. However being two females he was extremely domineering
I would also like to add that myself and friend are 74 years of age and after the fall I am lucky I didn’t arrive home in a box.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
21  Thank S1188BXemilyb
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Good location for Tsilivi for bars and food, which you will need. We only ate in the hotel twice and the food was bland and the same price as a decent meal in the town centre.
The breakfast was repetitive and more like school dinners than a four star hotel with long que's for the toaster.

The rooms were clean and stylish however, there was no tea and coffee all week and it didn't look like the tray, kettle or holder for tea and coffee had been used or cleaned for some time.

The pools strict rules for sunbed use did not apply to favourite customers. All sunbeds which were in the sun all day had towels on them by 9:02 am. The only sunbeds available were the ones in the shade. We therefore spent most of our day on the beach, bathing in the clean warm sea, which resembled bath water, rather than the ice pool at the hotel.

On our first night we went to the bar having travelled all day, and our first drink was very welcome, we asked for another and the friendly staff told us we had to wait, we had drunk our drink too quick. After three drinks we were told we drunk too much. Which was very offensive. I imagine this was not said to the favourite customers who drank all day from the bar opening. Needless to say, the 3-5 drinks we had each evening afterwards were purchased elsewhere.

Overall not a bad hotel however there is room for customer service improvement.

Be warned; to keep your belongings safe in the room safe this will cost twenty euro's per week and this is non-refundable (the same safe's only cost fifteen pounds to buy, not a bad money maker for the hotel).

Loud music playing the same tunes on a repetetive loop.

Will not return due to the customer service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wilkins2009
Reviewed October 4, 2017

As I write this I am sat by the pool on my 4th visit this year and have already booked for May, June and September 2018. Have been coming here 8 years and the standard of cleanliness is excellent and the friendly staff make for a totally relaxing break. The Greek night is fantastic! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It is close to all the restaurants and bars and a 10 minute walk to the beach. Set back 20 metres from the main road it is a little oasis of calm. The pool bar at night to sit in for an evening drink is the prettiest I have seen in the 8 years I have been coming here. All in all an excellent place to stay for your trip to Tsilivi.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms overlook the garden, they have 2 bedroom apartments and have self catering studios and apartments.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Caitlin1982
Dimi G, Owner at smartline Princess, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the smartline Princess is always your first choice in Greece for your holidays!

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on a couples holiday and had the most amazing stay at this hotel! The hotel is modern, clean and the staff are extremely friendly! Breakfast was lovely however I would suggest going earlier (when it opens) as we found the later you went the less choice there was! We're a young couple (21) and there was plenty to do in terms of eating out, days out and nightlife. One night we decided to go to the strip which is a 20minute drive away. It's only 20euros to get a taxi there and allows you to experience Zante strip while returning to a more relaxed setting in Tsilivi!

The hotel also provided entertainment in the bar area! I would definitely recommend going to the Greek night where they'll cook you a lovely meal and have you up dancing the traditional Greek moves!

In terms of location, the hotel was located 5 minutes from a beautiful sandy beach perfect for any holiday (kids, couples, elderly). It was also centred near plenty of restaurants and activity booking centres so you could plan your holiday outings for the week!

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple