“Romantic dinner ”

Price range: US$33 - US$79
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You'd be hard pushed to find a more romantic place to dine than Ali Barbour's Cave Restaurant, set inside an ancient coral cove and lit by warm candlelight. The a la carte menu specializes in seafood, international & traditional cuisine and is accompanied by a great wine-list so take your time over dinner.The Restaurant opens every day from 7pm. Reservation Required.Courtesy transfer from Hotels in Diani.Dress Code: Smart casual. No shorts, no hats.We apologize we do not allow children 6 and under.Cigars from our humidor available.
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Excellent service from start to finish.
Complimentary pick up and drop off to our lodge on Diani beach.
We were given a table by the cave opening to see the stars, and it was truly magical.
Service was prompt, food was great!
We ordered Oysters, champignon provencal, seafood tagliatelle, chicken with brie and crepe suzette.

The plates were timed well
Champagne service was great
And the table side flambe for the crepe was a great touch

Cannot say enough great things about this place

Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed September 26, 2017

lovely restaurant in a cave that offers pick up and drop off from you hotel which is an excellent service.
My friend and I shared the seafood platter starter, the sauces on the lovely seafood was to much and took away from the freshness. The service was good.
our fish dinners however where overcooked and I sent mine back, my friends was overcooked as well but didnt bother to send it back. However the service when we asked to sent it back was topnotch and my replacement fish came back cooked perfectly.
so consistency seems to be a real issue here that if that is fixed it would be a great place.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

After many positive recommendations I finally went to Ali Barbour's Cave Restaurant in March 2017. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations at all. Many starters and main courses were not available, and the main course I ended up choosing was so awful I had to send it back (a first for me!). We were offered a dessert to make up for the main course which was nice. The ambiance is great of course but there are much better restaurants in terms of food in Diani, for example The Edge at Diani Blue hotel. Hope they will improve because the setting is great.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

The Cave truly gives a completely unique dining experience, it is just wonderful.
A large group of us attended and meal orders were given beforehand due to this.

We were given a lovely welcome on arrival. there was a great selection of food and drink on offer.
The majority of the group had 2 or 3 courses and everyone was suitably impressed with the experience!

1  Thank Amyemm8
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Our expectations were high and they were right. The service and the quality of the seafood was topnotch. They have free pickup to the hotels nearby. There's a great atmosphere. Please don't miss it while in Diani.