Imagine opening French doors to a view of the beautiful Indian Ocean. The rooms are a traditional Swahili coastal style with wooden beams in the ceiling and a model tile floor. The pool is crystal clear and the beach is pristine sand. There are two additional small pools near the rooms for privacy. The sea is a bit rough, but you can swim about 100 m down the beach where a salt-water river feeds back-and-fourth in to the Ocean.
The breakfast and dinner buffet is great (and the dining room has an ocean view), but there could be more seafood served in my opinion. The staff are truly amazing. They are friendly, very accommodating, and kind; they make you feel at home. Imagine the gardener bringing you a coconut decorated with flowers for you to drink and eat. There are comfortable lounge chairs provided with cushions and beach towels by the sea and the hawkers do not disturb you.
Of great enjoyment are the evening events after dinner that are organized poolside by the staff (i.e. genuine Masaai traditional dance, dance by local fishermen, dance from across Africa by the staff).
Also, of note, my luggage was lost in Nairobi and the staff made an extra effort to have it retrieved and brought directly to my room. Without them, the luggage would have stayed in Nairobi for certain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms, double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club