All reviewsocean frontindian oceandhow barbeach boysother hotelsenjoyed my staybreakfast and dinnernight entertainmentfew meterslow seasonout of this worlda wonderful holidaytable tennislovely beachprivate beachseafoodentertainment team
Reviewed December 2, 2017

Beautiful location but poorly managed. We recently got back from a 3 night 4 day stay here. Despite the location being beautiful, there are many choices for hotel a long the beach and I would not go for this one again. I must stress despite the poor management the staff in general were lovely and went out of their way to help us. The issue is one exclusively of management.

First and foremost the place does not take health and safety seriously. The electricity in our rooms continuously gave myself and my girlfriend shocks. When we told this to management they sent an electrician down with a screwdriver, who told us that everything was fine and making us out to feel like liars. When it continued to happen they again insisted everything was fine. We requested to be moved room but they said there were none available and wanted to just deal with it in the morning. There was no effort from their part to resolve the situation or compensate for the fact that we were not comfortable or safe in the room we paid for. After persistent discussions they eventually agreed to knock a pitiful 1500shillings (£10, $15) off our tab. Simply not good enough considering that as well as being unsafe in the room we were unable to use basic amenities like the fridge or to charge out appliances.

As well as this there were simple management issues. We were unable to buy water before 7am when we had an all day excursion. It was very difficult to get hold of a towel round the pool. The food was overpriced and fairly average. The bars round the pool often weren't stocked up with very limited choice.

This place has the potential to be great under new management but as it currently operates I would try one of the many other hotels a long the beach front.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ben C
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff who do care very much. Had been moving from the very bad hotel called African Pearl & Spa (a terrible French owner in a dirty hotel with lazy staff) and was hoping for a good stay in Jacaranda instead and I was so lucky to find this hotel! Great location, very friendly staff who brought me fresh coconuts every day. Very clean rooms. Very good price for the stay! The only minus is the load music in the evening from the restaurant and a bit boring food at evening. The breakfast is very good though!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

A hotell with this location deserves a better management. Easy to order lunch but you you should do that directly after breakfast. Drinks for the dinner should be ordered after lunch. Yes its kenya but come on......this has to do with the management who organises everything. Food is good and the rooms are ok. Not even close to have enough sunbeds.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay, room was clean, grounds are beautiful, and food was diverse and good tasting. I have to say I slept on pillows better than any resort in Diani. There is no other part of the beach that even compares. It's quiet and relatively hawker-free. The sand goes on forever into the ocean. And when you are finished floating on the waves there are plunge pools to relax in next to your room. Garden cottages, beach front, you name it. If I had to come up with a down-side it would have to be walking through the vendors to get to dinner. I really didn't like being hassled to by carvings as I went to eat. I will go to the market if I want to buy anything.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife between 30-Oct to 1-Nov and we had so much fun. From the reservation process, pick up at Ukunda airstrip, check-in, meals al the way to drop off back at Ukunda airstrip. Everything was handled with utmost professionalism. The staff are friendly, the beach-front room was clean and comfortable. I mean everything was just superb. I highly recommend this beach Resort to anyone looking for a place to relax. Will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Beach front is the best, right next to the ocean which provides a great breeze to the room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple