All reviews ocean front indian ocean dhow bar oceanfront room individual cottages beach boys animation team half board other hotels fantastic location enjoyed my stay night entertainment breakfast and dinner few meters low season beautiful resort white sandy beach
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Hour flight from Nairobi direct to Ukunda airport via jambojet for a well awaited break away from the city noise & hustle..
We have visited Diani a couple of times before yet never stayed at Jacaranda so decided it would be the place after checking out its facilities etc on the internet, sure looked like the place to be.
We had booked online via booking.com for an ocean view room for 2 nights and preferably a late checkout as our return flight was in the evening. When we arrived at the gate in a tuk tuk with our luggage in the back, the driver was refused entry, which meant me and my pregnant wife had to carry our luggage all the way to reception whilst the totally unprofessional guardsmen at the door just watched. We let this slide as we didn't want negative vibes to ruin our long awaited getaway. While we were waiting for our room we were given juice, which was nice and fresh.
We are now being taken to our room by the hotel staff, turns out the ocean view room we booked wasn't what it was made and advertised to be. Sure you could see part of the ocean from a corner of the room, nothing like the pictures. We were told the rooms with better views are the OCEANFRONT rooms not OCEANVIEW. As annoying as this was to hear we now requested the Oceanfront room. This was an extra 5000ksh a night so in total an extra 10,000ksh we didn't plan for. Anyhow we paid it as we wanted a decent view.  After requesting for a large bed we were given 2 beds attached to each other, not acceptable. After freshning up we went for dinner. Little did we know there was a dresscode, which personally i think is ridiculous for such a resort. I mean its hot and stuffy hence why we were dressed for the weather. So in my shorts and t shirt i was refused to enter in my attire. I went back to the apartment and got into something more formal. It was a buffet, food was nothing above decent and clearly not everyones tastes are taken into thought. They really need to up their game with food. After dinner late night entertainment was on for hotel guests, entertaining indeed. Bar was a total rip off and service definatley needs improving, just too slow. I can't imagine how they cope in peak season. Bar closes at 10 so if your feeling thirsty get ready to leave the premises. We requested for some water, it never came. Anyway after a long and entertaining night of chasing lizards out of the bedroom  we went to sleep. Next morning we requested for some water that should have been delivered last night took 3 hours to come and so did the fresh towels. At this point we were ready to leave and go elsewhere but considering the unreliability of the staff we chose not to waste our time with that and took a ride to 40 theives for rest of the evening. Food there was very good and excellent staff service with a nice view of the beach. We stayed our last night hoping for the late checkout we requested, unsurprisingly we were turned down. We rearranged our flight for an earlier one and left the same afternoon. All in all a decent place if your booking on arrival, not so great if your checking it out online because descriptions and pictures are very deceiving. Overpriced for the quality of services provided and staff need a lecture or a lesson or two in basic customer service. I don't see them improving personally as even complaints aren't taken seriously. Would i go again? Probably not.

6  Thank mohammedzb03
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I was not happy with the room I arrived to. The room in my reservation detailed a extra large bed and a single. Instead, I came to two singles attached to make one bed. I had to wait a long time to have it deattached by staff which caused inconvenience in us getting rest. Also it took a long time for me to get checked in. Other people that came after me were assisted before me. The dinner had very few selection and food were cold and not refilled. I was not happy or satisfied with my dinner. I skipped on breakfast. I think I should not be charged for the dinner because of this. The towels in room had brown stains on them and there was a delay in WiFi working.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Adil S
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

My spouse and I just finished our safari events all throughout Kenya. We arrived to Jacaranda and upon reception we were very impressed. All the employees (front desk, security, restaurant, house keeping, etc) were very professional and courteous during our entire stay. They made you feel like you owned the place and they were the guests.
The food was excellent. The little house we stayed in was well maintained and the entire grounds was well maintained. I have to say that the grounds keepers and maintenance personnel deserve high recognition for this.
My spouse and I would have loved to stay here for 1 more week if we could. Right out the door (50 feet) from our house was the white sands and ocean. I was very impressed.
The only bad thing about this place was the beach hagglers (we called them sharks). They were very annoying. They harassed anyone that stepped foot on the beach. Eventually the security ran them off because to many people complained. I can’t blame the hotel for the beach hagglers as it is a public beach. Overall this is a outstanding resort and I would recommend this place to everyone who comes to Africa. If I could I would give this resort more stars.

1  Thank scottbourque
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Resort for 2 weeks.
Although it’s coming into “age” ( they opened in 1992 ) the place has a wonderful peaceful atmosphere. The little cottage we had was just steps away from the beautiful beach. Big compliment to the entire staff : they are all extremely friendly, welcoming and very attentive.
Breakfast as well as the dinner buffet are of good quality and taste ....
Highly recommended!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Nice warm reception and stay. Fun daily activities. We got one of the ocean view rooms that enabled us to view the sea each morning. Karaoke by the pool and the white sand beach was amazing. Clean rooms and nice food.