All reviews conference facilities breathtaking beach lovely trip beach front beach dinner big hotel wooden furniture star standard public areas ocean view south coast hotel staff the general manager white sandy beach special thanks seafood mutua
Reviewed October 14, 2018

This is a difficult facility to review as it possesses multiple personalities. It is located in the Kenyan South Coast of Diani and the beaches are really breathtaking. The hotel usually hosts beach dinners for group bookings which is quite awesome.

I have stayed here for over five times and this is my firmed view:
1. The hotel is large with most expected facilities including a golf course. However, they lack a basic facility like a health club (gym)
2. The hotel has several swimming pools spread around the facility.
3. Rooms are what you get or what you pay for. Some are five-star standard while others are as low as 2-star. Avoid a block called Bustani
4. My last visit, services in the restaurant and the food were a massive disappointment. Beach dinner was well served though. In my earlier visits had better services were on offer. I get more confused.
5. Check out and check in is largely hassle free.
6. Conference facilities are good. Its a large conference speciality hotel.
7. WIFI can be disappointing

The hotel could also improve on signage as one can easily lose direction especially at night.

Room tip: Bustani and Bahari blocks are quite standard
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Thank J.M. M
Leisure Lodge R, Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Dear Valued Guest

We take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for taking your time to post this review. The concerns raised and i single out lack of a gym has been noted and being addressed.

We are apologetic for a not very good experience with Bustani rooms as you clearly put it. You must have visited the facility at a time that the operational rooms were occupied and someone failed to pay attention to detail. This is being investigated. My apologies and that from the management.

Leisure lodge has a new team of professionals with an eye of detail to address issues of that nature. This will not happen again and be assured that your concerns have drawn management attention.

Nevertheless, the new team will be more than willing to host you again and rub off any issues experienced prior and assure you of a more customer oriented approach than before.

We humbly look forwards to hosting you once again in a near future.

Best Regards.

John Kiruthi
Operations Manager
operationsmgr@leisurelodgeresort.com

Reviewed September 29, 2018

A true sense of well-being, safety and enjoyment from one of the best resorts I have ever visited. The last of the "original' luxury hotels in Diani, Leisure Lodge still enjoys a truly global reputation for being best-in-class.

From the minute we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were welcomed at reception and led to what can only be described as the best room with sea view I have ever seen, truly breathtaking. Leisure Lodge is one of the largest hotels in the area with a huge amount of pristine private beach-front. This is some of the best beach in the world, crystal blue waters and soft white sand. The security and staff at the hotel made sure we were always cared for , service with a smile every single time.

The food at the hotel was as good as any restaurant in the area. Fresh ingredients with an emphasis on quality. The head chef came out every evening to personally greet guests and ensure every table was catered for to the highest standard. Lots of veggie options at every meal, and no two days were the same. Some of the best food on the coast !

We look forward to returning to leisure lodge, where we are certain of a luxurious stay every single time.

Room tip: Bahari Rooms - Amazing Views
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Leisurelodge r, Operations Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Valued Guest

We thank you so much for finding time to share your experience after staying with us. It is quite encouraging to note that, everyone went out of their way to ensure your expectations were not only met but exceeded.

The emphasis by which you have singled out variety of food choices and the high standards is well acknowledged.

The team on the ground has been notified of you feedback and have given assurance that they will be more than happy to host you once again.

Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort has a fundamental commitment to ensure all the guests are accorded top notch attention throughout their stay.

We look forwards to host you any time soon.

John Kiruthi
Operations Manager
operations@leisurelodgeresort.com
office: +254716430670

Reviewed September 3, 2018

The rooms are so spacious,and the staff made my stay extremely great.Very friendly staff who understands what hospitality means.The room steward was so professional and engages the guest until check out Kudos Mr.Ali.

Anybody with a toddler this is the place to be.kids are well taken care off by the staff and they follow up if they have been served with special baby food prepared and very delicious. Cant forget the guys who made my kids enjoy there holiday,Gladys and Clain at the restaurant keep the good job.LEISURE LODGE IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!

Room tip: Sea facing rooms are more quiet,Ac not necessary cause of the sea breeze
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Emma M, Sales & Marketing Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you so much for your very positive review. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write. I will pass your appreciation on to the staff, I know they will be very happy to hear the positive comments.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Really big hotel with 07 swimming pools! and one can easily get lost if they do not know their way around. A lot of monkeys - however they do not harm you if you do not disturb them.
Beach is lovely and food was fantastic.
No transfers provided by the hotel and they do not even provide at an extra cost. This is an extra stress to clients to book a cab in advance or at the airport - which are crazily expensive!!
However, if you are looking for good rooms, i would recommend to book the suites rather than standard rooms. Not all rooms have been refurbished and a lot of work needs to be done. Not enough lighting in the rooms and not all rooms have mosquito nets. Standard rooms do not have hair dryers for women. I had to request the reception to send me this (called them 5 times, but still no one sent it).
I would still recommend this hotel to people who have a mid-range budget!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all the comments we receive as our guest experience is really important to us.
The hotel is large but we do have a map of the hotel which is normally given to all guests when they arrive. We also have a few maps around the hotel to assist guests fine their way around as well.

We do offer transfers on request, I am really sorry if you requested for a transfer and were not given details on the same. We normally provide transfers from Moi Airport, SGR Miritini Train Station and Ukunda Airstrip at an additional cost.

If you would be so kind as to send me your room number and the dates you stayed with us to my email sales.marketing@leisurelodgeresort.com I would like to find out why your requests were not responded to in a timely manner.

Many thanks

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Where do i start. Poor management and maintenance was evident. ACs in the rooms not working. Poor lighting and showers not functioning most of the time. They took forever to process a refund trying to avoid the same all throughout. The hotel is too vast with no proper directional arrows and everything too far from each other. Theres better hotels in Diani with much better pricing to choose from.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mirav316,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Leisure Lodge Beach Resort & Spa. I would really appreciate it if you could drop me am email with specific details so that we can look into exactly what happened. My email is sales.manager@leisurelodgeresort.com.

We take every guest's comments extremely seriously and I can assure you that our rooms are checked before anyone checks in and so we need to follow up on what happened with regard to your room when before you arrived.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards