2,405 results
All reviews kole kole infinity pool maridadi restaurant tapa tapa bar jambo team beach boys evening shows animation team jt safaris day safari monkeys and baboons deluxe room all inclusive resort our honeymoon water polo masai mara pasta station
Reviewed January 6, 2016

We were there over Christmas & New Year. The location of the hotel is great and what attracted us to the property, pristine beaches with crystal clear water.. an amazing location.
It seems that through the tourism slump, the hotel has been cutting down costs and budgeting too much. All inclusive drinks were pathetic with a simple beer not even done properly - all bars were serving flat warm beer and if you are willing to pay for a beer takes them 40 mins to find one bottle only for it to be warm.
The rooms were large and well designed, however the mattresses were way too hard and no choice of pillows making it quite uncomfortable.
Pool beds were not very comfortable with a very cheap feel to the, not enough support and def cannot snooze on them for some time.
Food was average, very poor selection in the buffet, most dishes repeat every day for lunch and dinner so after 4 days we were fed up with the food. It was also very basic for various fruits and salad selection - needs to be improved urgently.
Vegetarian selection was ok, though just provided indian or pasta, they need to become more creative and learn how to cater better for veggies.
The staff were friendly and welcomed us well, ready to assist and serve us for anything.
The special events or locations laid out for Christmas and New Years were nice, however not amazing for what you would expect - it was a very simple setup and definitely done on the cheap.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2016

As a family of three with a six months old baby we enjoyed our stay at Baobab to the fullest. We were a bit nervous as it was the first get-away with our baby (we reside in Nairobi) and the festive season, so very busy. But our nervousness disappeared immediately when we were warmly welcomed by the Baobab staff and saw the huge domain guests can enjoy in a calm and relaxing atmosphere even during this festive season. We particularly enjoyed the quite surroundings at Maridadi Resort and the spacious house we were in.
The food was excellent looking at price quality and small things like cocktails or beers in glasses instead of plastic cups make a difference with other all in resorts. The service was high standards at all times and staff was very kind and attentive.
The view from the lodge is amazing, overlooking the renowned Diani Beach. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank koends12
Reviewed January 3, 2016

Kole Kole - Boabab actually consists of 3 hotels inter-linked - Kole Kole, Robinson's baobab and Maridadi.

I stayed at Robinson's baobab in 2006 and it was a beautiful experience. In September 2016 I was at Kole Kole to attend my brother's wedding. The room was beautiful - 4 poster bed, stunning Swahili/Arab style wooden furniture, massive bathroom and a great balcony overlooking the Indian Ocean and pool.

The food at the hotel ( you can eat at any of the three resorts) was very good, with a wide variety available daily - there is always a pasta station, one for fresh meat being grilled, one for the catch of the day being grilled. Along with a a variety of salads, breads, desserts and huge buffet. It would be difficult to find food you don't like no mater how discerning you palate is.

The pool's and bar's at all 3 hotels are great places to chill out, and there are activities throughout the day. There is even an amphitheater for the evenings entertainment and disco with a bar attached.

All in all it is a Great place to stay at one of the most beautiful destinations in the world.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to this vast hotel...and I obviously came back because I love it. I checked in with my family 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan. I love Dealing with Hamisi at reservations ..always efficient!
The check in was warm at kole kole our room was ready when we got there at noon.
The usual monkeys everywhere. ...nice to see them again. ..They even put up a show at our room balcony playing endlessly. .
Christmas eve ... food not so great .... but where food fell short the beach party made up for it 20 times over...It was fantastic.
After Christmas was a few slow days where everything seemed like a repeat. ..even the entertainment seemed dull and so was the food. .but the best part is Chai the Italian food chef always comes to the rescue when nothing else is appealing on the buffet.
The sulisuli bar is always efficient. ..With friendly bar men. ..except on 27th Dec in the evening. .a guy with no smile worse still he did not bother to clean the wine glasses he just turned them over and served the next guy. ..horrifying!

Then came new years eve and what a spectacular show !perfect dinner..ok band...great DJ and even better fire works display faultless bash..loved it.

An area that really needs improvement is the accommodation. ..we had to ask for shower curtains. .The inside of the toilet didn't look like it was well cleaned. The shower handle in my kids room kept falling off. ..sometimes only one towel was provided while there were 2 kids...Some towels are a color you can't recognise. ..is it brown or off white...? Most days no laundry bags provided...
The worst was my last evening when the room attendant threw off my contact lenses off the face towel I had been placing them in their case from day one... what's the deal with that? Did the room attendant really think I'd steal a single face towel.?....but even then why throw out my contact lenses... that was rude..

All in all there are great people here like Silas', Juma, animation team..The chefs...pool attendants just wonderful.

Will I be back? I don't know ....may be ..but the room issue got to me .. alittle

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank B M
Reviewed December 30, 2015

It was an awesome holiday from the time you check in to the moment you leave the hotel. Good food, nice rooms and their great entertainment made this experience memorable. I would recommend this hotel 100%.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a good view of the indian ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family