“lovely place and nice beah”

Bidi Badu Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 44 Restaurants in Diani Beach
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful beach view with delicious seafood and and amaizing homely atmoshpere..
Reviewed 30 July 2017

i was on my holiday the my friends sugested to have stop over at Bidi Badu. It was my first time but ii enjoyed their amaizing coconut prawns and relaxing at the beach with chilled drinks and my coleague ordered grilled fish which was tasty and well cooked

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Very cool place with fresh fish and lobster.
How easy it is to go for a swim while you're waiting for lunch is priceless.
The service is very friendly.

We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Bidi Badu translates as the KiSwahili version of abracadabra, and after going there I understand why. From the service, to the atmosphere, to the selection, everything about this restaurant is dazzlingly poor.

The first time I ate here, the food took a long time, was okay, and it was just a regular meal. The second time I went is the reason for this rating. After about five minutes of playing "is this in stock?" with the waiter, with notable absences from the menu including fish, rice, and water, we decided we'd go elsewhere to find a place which served, ideally, food. As we were getting up to go, the waiter came over and proceeded to shame us for trying to leave, saying we should just stay and stop complaining. After replying that we were hungry and would like to go somewhere where the kitchen was working, the waiter got upset, and rudely accosted us. When we settled our bill for the drinks we'd purchased while waiting, he overcharged us and we had to bring the tab back to the bar to get the proper amount. While some of the staff here were extremely nice, namely the manager who apologized profusely for the slow service and all, the place is not worth much time, and is neighboured by better run, more polite restaurants.

1  Thank Liam_Ragan
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Very casual place on the the beach, we enjoyed fresh prawns and fish. Price is ok, server was very attentive, they have souvenir shops and a DJ Booth.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

When visiting Mombasa, my friends said Bidi Badu was a must stop for sea food. They visit the place often and were familiar with the staff. They also let me know that patience is a virtue and part of coming here is relaxing and enjoying the beach. That being said, our food didn't take that long at all.

There were some menu items unavailable- for cocktails, they had limited juice options. Lobster was unavailable because the lobster guy hadn't come in yet... (he did show up later but we'd already ordered by then). The coconut prawns were delicious!

Overall, this is a must stop if you like sea food. The couch set up is really pleasant for chilling a couple hours with friends and keeping your toes in the sand. Staff kept the beach vendors from harassing us, though we were able to buy some coconuts when we wanted. Be flexible and patient and enjoy life!