“Glad to back here.”
Review of Bamboo House Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavelossim
Bamboo House Goa
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Its been a year since i visited goa.
The beach is just amazing and the staff are very welcoming .
I heard that the resort has just recently opened .
Glad i came after that.
Good place and i have a lot of good times.
Till next year..

Room Tip: U should take a walk in the evening by the beach
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SinhaDuza

Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

Firstly, with a strech of the imagination I can believe most of the other reviews but currently this place is most definitely not fit for business.

We were having trouble finding somewhere to book in Goa before leaving Jodhpur but read the reviews, saw the beautiful photos and called the manager who said they were open and that 4 other guests were arriving the same day (they never materialised). We arrived about 20.30, in the dark and led to our hut. We commented on how exciting it would be to wake up and see the surroundings. We were dying for food and a drink but were told that the restaurant wasn't open for snother 11 daysand the nearest one was 1km away. News to us. They ordered food and drinks for us from that restaurant though and brought it to us and it was delicious.

Bed time: no sheet on the bed and one side was wet, presumably from rain water. I was told there were no other rooms (watch this space) but we could change the mattress. If it rained in the night, I guess it was just bad luck.
With my girlfriend already asleep I put towels down.

Morning came and we were woken to drills and saws. No hot water and the towel was dirty and stained but not the end of the world. I stepped outside and all became clear. We were on a building site. Shells of huts with no furniture or roofs and toilets, mountains of off cuts of bamboo and tarpaulins everywhere and a busy workforce assembling everything around us. I looked back at our hut to see that there was in fact no roof, just a tarp draped over it.

The manager was unavailable but when I asked what compromise they might propose I was told that I could check out and that the Radisson Blu was quite nice.

So, I called a place 4km away who kindly arranged a cab for us and off we went. I'm sat there now with a beer and a curry. It's ⅓ the price and the service is impeccable. Simple but immaculate room.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Charlie B
amarbedi, Inhaber at Bamboo House Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear Sir,
first and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies . I am beyond words to express my sadness. Due to the fact that liscensing took so long, we were not able to pit up the structures in time. But that is not an excuse for an unprofessional service.
I shall be personally looking into the matter and can assure you that it will have consequences.
Thanks and Regards

Reviewed 30 September 2014

I booked this resort on 7th Sept 2014 for 2N starting from 2nd Oct 2014 using booking.com
Made a call to resort for confirmation on 23rd Sept and they told me that my booking is confirmed but then on 25th Sept I received a call from resort saying that they will not be able to host us as huts wont be ready by that time. WHAT!!!

Long weekend and you are telling me 7days before arrival that hut wont be ready when 2 days back I was told that your booking is Confirmed !!!

When I asked how much time it take to ready the resort for the season, person told me 'atleast 21 days'. If it takes 21 days to build resort then why I didnt receive a call by 15th or 16th of Sept. Even today (26th Sept) they are taking booking for 8th Oct 2014 whereas all other beach huts wont open until 1st week of Nov.

Please dont book this beach hut resort at the starting of season (Oct)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here in Nov'13 with my family.
This place is right on the Mobor beach.Come out of your room n u r on the beach.
I reached Goa at ~9:00 PM at night & was driving my on my own, that time it felt bit remote and insecure & awkward to stay with family & kids because we had to come to this place through some dark roads with nothing around.
But that feeling vanishes when u wake up the next morning to this serene environment & great hospitality.
Cottages are very well maintained & surrounding is exquisitely groomed, which makes u feel very near to the nature.
Hotel beachfront though bit rough & deep , but is all yours to enjoy the morning/evening walk as it is not at all crowded; Moreover for enjoying water sports etc u can walk 200 mtrs to Leela beach front wherein u can enjoy water sports and enjoy the shallow water with kids.
Food is a constraint, since we had our vehicle so we could easily roam around otherwise u only have Bluewhale beach-sack which also has limited options during non-peak seasons.
Although it makes some delicious dishes, but u will find it very limited if u r staying longer.
If u have your own vehicle then there are numerous options nearby.
This is a wonderful place to stay but it is even more enjoyable if u have a vehicle with you to roam around and explore the south Goa during day time.
Aman & Nirmal are very good hosts who go out of their way to guide their guests to make their stay memorable.
Overall we had fantastic time at this place and strongly recommend to the people who want to enjoy some time near the raw nature in this eco-friendly place.

Room Tip: All the cottages are good, but better if you ask for the ones which r nearer the Beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We visited here in December 2013 and spent New Year's Eve.

There are just 10 huts, the place is right at the end of a long stretch of beach and so if you want to relax and have quiet this is the place. We just stayed for 4 days, but it was a great base. Taxi drivers will find it impossible to find if taking you from the airport. drivers all know where the The Leela hotel is but drive like maniacs and therfore trying to find a little secluded place is a nightmare. take bamboo house phone number with you as we drove up and down 3 or 4 times at lightening speed looking for it and some directions over the phone were really useful.

On arrival we were treated and shown around, revere isn't much there but what is, is all you really need. The food in the restaurant is excellent, the fish fresh from the sea. My other half and I stuffed our faces with so much fish on the night we arrived that we made ourselves feel quite sick. The staff are fantastic, it's so pretty and so tranquil and I will return there next time I am in Goa for sure

We hired a moped for a few pounds and went to neighbouring Agonda beach a couple of days where it was a bit more lively, but it was a beautiful ride back as the sun set, back to the comfort of Bamboo House.

Bathrooms are great, hot running water was great, the huts were clean, the beds was so comfy and it was very romantic.l so much so that we got engaged :-)

The only one thing that was a negative was the smell of fish guts in the early hours.. And do be careful not to leave any hand back or leaer jacket you might have because there are creatures that like to eat that stuff.... No fault of the resort, and what you should expect when staying in a beach hut.

Maybe they could have enough sun loungers for each guest though as I felt a bit OCD getting the beach before my other half woke up to bag a lounger, there are only 8 and there are what, 20 guests?

You can eat your evening meal on the beach by candel lit and then take a walk walk along to some other bars further down which is nice..

Stunning, secluded, not expensive, excellent value, awesom food, loved it, will be back most definitely

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BOOltd
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a superb experience. White sand, blue water, no crowd at all. A place where you hear only the sound of your voice and the sound of waves. Food is too good.. especially the pancakes. Don't forget to grab a beer and hit the beach in the midnight. Go lie down on the bench and enjoy the drink and the cool breeze. It's amazing!

This place is beautifully made and kept very well. Clean and hygienic. Service is good and people are humble and helpful. Almost everything is made of bamboo and it gives a feeling of being close to nature. Bathrooms are nice and you will have fun if you've got a partner. ;)

This place is close to some good up scale diners and hotels. You can shop around a bit and have fun at the beach and do some watersport as well. Rent a bike from some place near by and explore south Goa.

My experience was awesome and I really enjoyed every moment I spent there. Longing to visit this place again soon. :)

Room Tip: Bathrooms have drop down bamboo curtains (no latches) so be cautious if you sharing the room with so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights around New Year. The place is quite off the main city but totally worth it if you have your own or rented vehicle. The beach is just a few steps away and you can hear the sweet sound of waves at all time. Accommodation is very true to its name and almost everything in the room is made of bamboo. Gardens are very well maintained and the café is serves good food. You can ask for a candle lit dinner on beach as well. Room and toilet are very clean and towels are replaced from time to time. Beach itself is very clean and isolated. If you just want to relax and sun bath by the beach, you don’t have to go anywhere else.

My only complaint from this place is the poor service. Toiletries in the bathroom are limited, by limited I mean just one soap and that too is not replaced if you are staying for more than one day. So I recommend taking you own.

Renting vehicles from the resort staff should be avoided, they try to mug you and quote higher price than the ongoing Goa rate.

My overall experience was wonderful, except for the minor unpleasantness.

Room Tip: All rooms are same I guess
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
3.2 km away
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim
1.2 km away
MAYFAIR Hideaway Spa Resort

Been to Bamboo House Goa? Share your experiences!