Casa de Cris
US$110
US$80
US$63
Priceline
Go Green Spice & Eco Resort(Cavelossim)(Great Value!)
US$31
  • Restaurant
Shikara Beach Resort(Cavelossim)(Great Value!)
US$44
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Dona Sa Maria(Cavelossim)(Great Value!)
US$227
Priceline
Sao Domingos Hotel(Cavelossim)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach hutmikes placewet roomair conditioningmusic finishespast midnightindependent travellerceiling fanhuge bedpatio doorsflat screen tvportuguese styleclean roomslive musicearly hourslaundry servicegreat holiday
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed at Casa de Cris last March and have to say it was a really lovely hotel and we were made to feel really welcome from the second we arrived.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean, with the best air con i have ever had - could get really quite cold even though it was boiling outside.
I have never felt so relaxed at a hotel - we were always greeted by smiling faces and nothing was too much trouble.
It is perfectly located, near to all amenities and a short walk to the beach.
We are going back next March - really can't wait!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahar123
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Rooms were clean although it did smell a little damp. Paid 2500 rupees for a room on the ground floor. Over the road from Mikes Place who also own Casa des Cris. Can be quite noisy at night with the kareoke going on till late.

Beware getting a taxi from the hotel, the prices quoted are so overpriced

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Having always stayed in upmarket accomodation and 5 star hotels in Asia which cost a fortune, I was persuaded by friends when they found out I was going to Cavelossim to stay at Casa de Cris. Although they hadn't stayed there, they had seen the smart two storey building and heard that the roomks were nice. A couple of years ago I stayed In Baga at the Ronil Beach Hotel and spent a fair bit of money for a 4 star hotel which was basic. For those of you never having been to Goa, even the best hotels are quite basic, unlike Thailand or Malasia where they are palacial.
Anyway had a look on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. Best decision I made. E mailed James - one of the Baretto brothers and booked nearly a year in advance.
Arrived very early in the morning and didn't have to worry about hanging around waiting to get into a room. Tony, the young man who takes care of all of your needs during your stay was waiting for us, and carried our heavy bags to the room, which was large, clean and bright . It was on the second floor, which is actually the top floor, and had a smallish balcony which was fine for two. The front facing rooms have larger balconies but no other window.Our room, 208 was on the corner of the building so we had a window and a balcony which made the room nice and bright. We could overlook two small streets which was good as there's a good atmosphere in this area at night.. No worries about noise, all entertainment finishes at 11 pm, but hopefully you won't be in bed that early. .
The bed is massive, Has a huge bathroom with shower, TV, Air Con, fridge and safe.
The room was nicer than ones I have seen at the Holiday Inn or Hati Mahal and all this for 2500 r a night, about £35.00.
I wouldn't describe it as a hotel, more of a family run guest house. The rooms were cleaned every day and the towels and beds were also changed. If you like a soft fluffy towel take your own as the towels are a bit hard, but this isn't unusual, it's the way there laundered.
Breakfast was served 20 metres away in Mikes restaurant - another brother - and was perfectly adequate to start the day. At night the restaurant has a great buzz about it and the food is superb.
Off to the beach, 5 mins walk to James' Beach Shack where the food in my opinion was the best on the beach and the boys who work there are really nice and helpful. There's about 15 shacks on this part of the beach. Mike also has a beach shack which is on another part of the beach nearer the Holiday Inn. You could walk from James shack to Mikes along the beach in about 20 mins.
They arrange fishing trips and cruises for you and we did both. The crabs we caught in the River Sal were cooked for us at the shack. The 5 hour cruise took you onto the sea to see the dolphins then back to the river for a lunch of huge prawns and kingfish with salad and curry while cruising the river spotting all the exotic birds and wildlife on the river banks. Two guys sung and played the guitar and had us all joining in after we were a bit tipsy with the constant flow of alcohol. All of this for £10. Thanks to Stephen - the third brother who runs the cruises.
All in all, had a fab holiday and met a lot of nice people who we met at the shack or they were also staying at Casa,. All of the brothers couldn't do enough for you and they're all good looking especially you James !!!
Don't spend loadsa money, go to Casa de Cris. Am about to book for Feb next year.
Thanks James, Mike and Stephen for making our holiday special. See you all soon x

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank elly57Lanark
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights at the end of January. Apart from cleaners there are only two staff. Brenda who runs the reception and Tony who works/is on call 24 hours and basically does everything ! The hotel is very clean and quiet. The rooms are good with safe, fridge, TV and AC. There is no restaurant or bar so breakfast , which is cereals, eggs and toast, is taken at Mikes Place just across the road. The breakfast was sufficient for us but if we wanted more we could have had more and just been charged for it.
Before I travelled I was told I could pay by Credit Card. When I paid there was a 3% surcharge. It was disappointing I was not told this before so I could have taken enough cash and not had to rely on my Card.
Because there was no pool or bar/restaurant there was no social life at the hotel. However the upside of this was the hotel was very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Rooms were nice. For 2500 INR we got a decent room, however, unlike the website stated, our room did NOT have a balcony. I was a bit peeved about that but was told by the manager, a kid named Tony, that we may be able to move into a room with a balcony in a couple of days. Well, that never came to pass and we left early. We had booked in advance but didn't pay in advance. They were upset that we didn't pay for the full time we had booked on the internet, however, I was upset that we did not get what was advertised. They were also weird about other small things, which I attribute to poor management. I had asked them for a top sheet as the room only came with a bottom sheet and a ridiculously heavy blanket/quilt. The staff (Tony and crew) stated we could only have one or the other, the heavy quilt OR a top sheet, not both. Just weird.
We also asked for another wastebasket, as they were requesting that we disposed of our toilet paper in the rubbish bin. Another rubbish bin for other trash would have been nice. We never got one despite asking for it. Just weird.
There were other things with management, like the manager telling me that I didn't need a helmet for the motorbike that I rented. I had to differ with him as this was India and there are no driving rules here and I have seen first hand the accidents related to lack of protective headwear.
Anyway, bottom line is the hotel is nice, the physical structure is worth the $50, but the management is more of what you would expect at a $10 a night hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple