My Wife and I have been using this hotel for a fair few years now and I have done glowing reviews on it but we will never use it again. When we entered the room you could smell the damp, but this is resolved by opening the door to the balcony for a few hours though. It was facing the pool area, this can be slightly noisy in the past but always finished before 10 p.m. Not now though, it goes on much later and the 'entertainment' was extremely loud. on top of that, at breakfast, you get the music resonating down from the reception, with the incessant thump, thump, thump all the time, and if you go to breakfast around the same time daily you get exactly the same music. On top of this there is the new mainstay of the hotel, the coprorate event, the evening session starts around 8 pm at the fish grill, blocking the beach access, and goes on till around midnight. Again the 'music is an incessant boom, boom, boom. If you are really unlucky they hold an event on the lawned area by the fig & olive with the same type of music and an even louder tannoy system, and when they hold an event on the pati area by the pool/mardi gras area, it's exactly the same.Don't even think of complaining about the noise unless you are really angry and red in the face and are willing to tear the plugs off the amplifiers, THEN they will finally do something, but you have to get right into their faces,
South Goa is renowned for it's peace and tranquility, We just pray that this hotel is a one off, and that this hotel comes to it's senses before the trade runs away. We have already booked for next year, but not at this hotel. I feel sorry for the residents in the adjacent property 'Leela' because the noise had to affect them too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the picturesque Mobor beach in South Goa with direct beach access. The Holiday Inn Resort Goa offers hotel accommodation that is a unique blend of traditional Goan and contemporary architecture. Situated 45 minutes away from the Dabolim International Airport and just 17km from the Margao Railway Station the resort is ideally located for a relaxing and fun filled Vacation in Goa. Our 203 rooms and suites offer comfort and serenity combined with modern amenities with an option of a garden view pool view or sea view with attached balconies. When travelling for a family retreat take advantage of the game room kids playground and activity zone or just unwind at the outdoor pool and revitalize at the Spa Villa offering multiple ayurvedic treatments.Experience a choice of Indian and International cuisines at Mardi Gras Our 24 hour Coffee shop. Rediscover the ethnic flavors of the Far East at the exquisite Whispers of the Orient or try out our wood fired pizzas at the Mediterranean restaurant Fig and Olive. The lobby level bar Sun Downer offers a relaxing view of the Goan sunset or have an exciting evening at our beach side restaurant Beach Grill offering a huge selection of freshly caught fish cooked to perfection. Organize your special wedding day, corporate retreats or productive meetings at the Holiday Inn Resort Goa, offering the largest ballroom at 5065 sq ft and able to accommodate up to 800 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Holiday Inn Goa
- Holiday Inn Cavelossim
- Cavelossim Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Goa
- Goa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Cavelossim