All reviews friendly hotel main street stayed here for nights spacious balcony tables and chairs on arrival next year small hotel ham bars and restaurants yogurt top floor air conditioning mara hairdryer receptionist port
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

This year I stayed at the Aretousa briefly, on my way to Athens/Canada. There's a new person managing things and she's lovely and helpful. The hotel is located within walking distance of the port, although a bit of a hike if you're lugging suitcases. I arrived from Alonissos on a hot day and took a taxi.
I prefer to stay in the port, and it's a fun and close walk to get into the thick of things from the Aretousa. You can also take a bus right to the beaches, which is convenient and another reason why next year I'll be staying longer.
My room was comfortable as always. It's sparse, but nicely European with mosquito netting over the bed and a smallish but pretty balcony to sit on.
The beds are firm and comfortable. The bathroom is also smallish, but clean and all I could ask for, especially for such a reasonable price.
Breakfast is croissants, breads, pastries, fresh boiled eggs, cheeses, and such, with good coffee and juice. You can take it and sit outside in the pleasant private courtyard.
There is a lift. It's a quiet place at night. You can leave your luggage safely after you checkout, and the hotel will order you a cab when needed.
On my last day they kindly allowed me to rent a room for just a half day. It's very convenient to do that if you want to grab a nap or a shower before beginning a long journey out.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Thank S. R. K
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in third week of May, and after a dodgy start ( admin error meant I was not expected until next day) I was treated so well by super friendly receptionist Mara that my initial disappointment was soon forgotten. I was treated to a room on top floor with great view of town from very spacious balcony, everything in room worked, though my only complaint was the water pressure was not very good. Breakfast was the usual continental type, but perfectly adequate and plentiful. Location is perfect for access to town Main Street only two minutes from hotel , the port being just 5 minutes stroll away,and also the local bus stop for you to get to a huge choice of good beaches, which for me negates the fact that the Aretousa has no facilities such as a pool.
I cannot speak too highly of Mara the friendly receptionist who was so kind to me ,when I had a hip problem she even drove me to the local health centre to see a doctor, and even came back again to collect me. Friendliness and service beyond the call of duty ! I hope to return.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2017

great location 2mins walk to main street room very spacious on 3 rd floor great to have a double bed with very comfy mattress good breakfast a lovely girl served breakfast very friendly and help full would definetly book there again only no pool but we found agreat little beach 5 mins walk away all sand no pebbles with 3 tarvernas witch are great value for money big portions don't need a starter for lunch

Room Tip: definitely 3rd floor gets a lovely breeze on large balconly
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnny o
Reviewed June 17, 2017

We were moved here at short notice by our travel company after suffering a nightmare experience at another hotel in town. We arrived at around 9pm and the receptionist spotted that we were traumatised and told us not to worry about showing our passports and helped us to calm down and relax.

We were on a room on the top floor. The room was small with not a lot of room to manoeuvre, but it was spotless. We had a good view of the mountains in the distance from our balcony. The fridge was small but the best feature for my wife was the brilliant lighting above the dressing table.

We had our breakfast in a beautiful secluded courtyard. It was a fairly basic continental breakfast with slices of processed meat and cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereals, bread, cakes etc.

Unfortunately the Aretousa was booked up for the he rest of our holiday, so we had to move on after 1 night.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank morleyterrier
Reviewed June 8, 2017

We were originally booked in the Alkyon Hotel but Olympic Holidays changed our booking at the last minute to the Aretousa. We were a little dubious of the change but needn’t have worried.

If you are wanting a value for money hotel situated in a perfect position, the Aretousa is the one for you. Literally 5 minutes from the main street and 10 mins from the old port but in a quiet side street. On arrival, we were greeted by an extremely friendly lady called Maura (sorry if the spelling is wrong) who, throughout the whole stay there couldn’t do enough for us. The room we had was spacious and comfortable (Room 208) and even though the bathroom was quite compact, was adequate for our needs and always clean. A hairdryer was supplied and also a fridge in the room. Continental breakfast was supplied, which was quite enough for us and you could sit outside in a little courtyard to eat it. There are no facilities at the hotel, i.e. a pool, but who needs it when you can be on the many beautiful beaches around the island.

We stayed last year in Skiathos in a hotel twice the price but would say that The Aretousa was the better of the 2 and made us feel much more at home. We enjoyed it so much that we extended our weeks stay by 5 more days. Enough said!

Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so memorable we hope to be back again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple