All reviews beans repeat guests sons run small and friendly hotel year after year hotel is spotless low profile family run hotel the bus little gem old port tuna salad two weeks look forward to our return small fridge pool bar is air con
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Read all the reviews that's why we booked here.
Made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived , the hotel is immaculately clean and you nothing is too much for Mary and her family.
Breakfast is continental and all fresh and sets you up for the day.
The hotel has food available at lunch time snacks and salads and I must say the Greek salad was the nicest we've ever tasted.
We made lots of nice friends around the small bar area at night and was a great way to relax before our short stroll in to town each night.
The clientele were mostly repeat customers and I know why everyone goes back there.
Mostly couples and I would say Skiathos is more a couples place beautiful romantic and friendly.
The absolute bonus was that we slept so well seen as close to town there was no noise .
Thank you Mary for letting us stay in your beautiful home and we can't wait to see you all soon xYsane & Tony x

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ysane2014
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We had a lovely 2 weeks here early July. Mary is a great host and the rooms are clean and kept nice with new bathrooms. Poolside looks small in photographs but it is perfect, on busy days you do have to be up early for beds though. Garden is very pretty and the the guy who looks after the gardens never stops. Only things I would change: fresh fruit at breakfast rather than the tinned stuff and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Other than that no complaints from us.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RP2011499613
Reviewed September 4, 2017

This hotel is placed very close to Skiathos Town Harbour, about a 5 minute walk. Mary herself is lovely and friendly and her daughter whom you see at breakfast is extremely friendly. My grandparents have been staying here almost every time they visit, and my parents and sister a few years back. However, this was my first visit to Costas Mary, and it won't be the last! I love it here :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexandria F
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Just got back from a 10 night stay with family (Kids Aged - 15 &14).....as previously stated this hotel is perfectly situated near to the new harbor area with its many restaurants and a short walk to the airport where you can see the planes land and take off (Well worth the walk). The Old Town is a 10 minute stroll along the sea front where there are plenty of bars and restaurants to cater for and please every need. Really is a home from home experience and Mary, Costas and the rest of the team make you feel at home from the first moment you arrive and nothing seems to be a problem. They are really knowledgeable about the island and will point you in the right direction whatever your needs. The rooms were typically "Greece" in style but how much time do you want to spend in there when its so beautiful outside. The hotel is small (28 rooms I think) but this is the appeal. The staff work tirelessly to keep the grounds clean and tidy and the rooms are cleaned everyday. Pool area is relaxing and chilled and the weeks I stayed there was never any issues with sun loungers. Pool bar is reasonably priced and is open from 0800-MDT, small lunch menu available but with town on your doorstep never an issue. Breakfast is continental style but was adequate for our needs, the usual cereal, Bread, Ham, Cheese, fruit, yoghurt etc available on a daily basis. Aircon is available at a cost and was well worth the money. If you are thinking about travelling to Skiathos and looking for a lovely,decent, clean hotel with great hosts then look no further. I would definitely recommend it as a excellent hotel and base for your holiday to Skiathos.

Stayed: August 2017
5  Thank Steve N
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We have been spoilt the last few year staying in 4 or 5 star hotels in Spain. We fancied trying Greece again for a change and knew it would be more basic and quirky and to be fair we got what we expected. The airport transfer is a bit unusual as you go first and your cases follow. We were told that they would be there quickly but it was over an hour which is a bit annoying as you just want to crack on with your hols. We should have taken the taxi option. The check in at the hotel feels like being paraded outside the headmasters office at school, it was not slick but if you have not got your cases I guess it doesn't matter too much if it takes some time. The room was basic as expected, the main issue I had was the incredibly uncomfortable bed and a lack of a curtain on the window facing the pool area which meant we had to dress in corners of the room to have some privacy. The bathroom was nice but cramped. Air conditioning was 50 Euros for the week and worked well, the security box was 15 Euro. Breakfast was a basic low quality economy affair but ok to kick start the day, again it felt like you were on parade as Mary and team looked on and you felt very conscious of not having too much. I'd give the coffee a miss as its foul, the juice was not far behind. The pool area was nice but would of benefitted from some music as it was so quiet, you had to talk in whispers if you didn't want to share your conversation with everyone else. The music in the pool bar seemed to be set at a level solely for the benefit of the barman. The sun loungers were the most comfortable I have ever used and I would quite happily have swapped one for the bed in my room. They could do with some more as 20 for the whole place is not enough, some morning they were all taken by 8.30 and much to my shame we ended up having to sneak down early to reserve a spot. The hotel itself is in a great spot which is peacefull yet only a couple of minutes to the new harbour with its laid back atmosphere. Another 5 minutes and you are in the heart of the action. The town itself veers towards higher end quality shops but alongside this there are your more typical value gift shops, the same with food , cheap and cheerful sits easily alongside quality establishments.back to the hotel, the bar was reasonably priced but quiet at night. The grounds were lovely and they had an incredibly industrious groundsmand who kept the place clean and tidy. There were quite a few wasps about but they were not agressive and seemed mostly intent on drowning themselves in the pool. The pool it self was compact but ok given the limited poolside longers. All in all a good holiday on a lovely island, a few tweaks and it would get a top score from us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple