“Ok but could be better ”
Review of Borsalino & Amici Ristorante - CLOSED

Borsalino & Amici Ristorante
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

My son was insistent we ate here so we were dragged in after reading the reviews weren't expecting much! It was ok nothing special, garlic bread was fabulous, pizza was awful too cheesy and we were choking on tasteless thick cheese, drinks well over priced -€6.90 for a vodka and coke, sorry I thought I was in Portugal not London!! Won't return! Staff so so so miserable! Have not felt welcome in Portugal this year, highly unlikely to return

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

It's changed its name to Amigo's.
We should have spotted the signs, we were the only 4 people eating in there.
Prawn Cocktail was warm, Bruschetta was basically a slice of bread (not toasted at all) with cheese melted on top (cheese on bread) another slice of bread and it would have been a cheese and tomato sandwich.
The calzone was saltier than the sea.
The lasagne had random slices of ham in it.
The Tortellni pasta was akin to a microwave meal and had the consistency of wallpaper paste.

The margarita pizza and garlic pizza (starter) were ok.
Bruschetta was removed from the bill only after we "reminded" them that neither was eaten, plus a glass of red was removed.

Only a year ago, this place was packed with customers and very busy re takeaway.

What a difference a year makes!!

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has new owners and is now called Amigos Ristorante. My husband and I gave it a try two days ago. The staff were very nice and friendly. The starters were excellent, my husband had garlic prawns and I had bruschetta. Unfortunately you couldn't say that about the main meals. My husband had Peppered steak and it was very very tough. I had Corvina which was nice although slightly over cooked but unfortunately the French fries that came with it appeared to have been cooked twice. Not nice. I don't think we will be going back.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

After travelling all day needed something to eat. Got there at about 9pm and the lady we spoke to appeared to be clearing things away and when I asked what time she was closing her response was 'whatever time we finish our food!' We ordered pizza and pasta and the food was very good.
Staff were friendly and the beer and wine was cold !!
Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Ordered take away pizza from here. All very delicious and plentiful. Good price too.

Didn't eat a meal in location. But sat and had a drink whilst we waited for the pizza. Seemed very nice.

1  Thank njajames