All reviews amber rooms decking area patio doors conservatory restaurant lovely view overlooking the sea function room family room lovely hotel afternoon tea comfy bed sunday lunch salmon evening meal one night stay scones fantastic stay
Reviewed March 2, 2016

I recently stayed at this hotel for just one night, arriving fairly late and departing very early, about 6am. Shortly after booking I called the hotel to ask if this meant I would miss breakfast; the answer was "yes, but.." and I was told that hot food would not be available that early but it would be perfectly possibly to have cereal, toast, fruit, coffee etc and "I'll make a note of it".

Fast forward two weeks to when I arrived on a blustery night. Immediately upon giving my name at check in I heard "Ah yes, Mr Nitten_Traveler, you're leaving early tomorrow so we'll have breakfast things set up for you at 5.45am". An hour later, when giving my room number to charge dinner to my room I heard once more "and breakfast will be ready for you tomorrow morning". This was all without any prompting from me. Excellent customer service.

The age of the building means a quirky layout of the hotel, short flights of stairs, a maze of corridors. The room was warm and comfortable and the shower hot and a decent pressure. I ate dinner at the hotel and enjoyed it very much. There are few hotel options in Saltburn but if I needed to stay in the village again I would happily stay at the Spa Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nitten_Traveler
WorkTS12, Owner at The Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2016

Thank you so much, your review and detail made us all really happy. Going the extra mile is really something which we work hard to achieve and our staff genuinely are a lovely group of people who care about our customers' stay. Thank you, our reception team were delighted when they read your review and we really appreciate it.

Very best wishes,
Cathy Kelly

Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

Booked this with a Wowcha Deal as a Valentine's gift for my wife. Included prossecco in room and bottle of wine with our meal and spa treatment for us both.

I've got to give all the credit to the wonderful staff for making our weekend such a fabulous one. We where greated by Simon who particularly made the whole booking process over the phone and checking in such a delightful experience, he's a fantastic host and a great representation of the brilliant service that carried on our whole stay.

I've read other diners dissatisfied with the food but we could not fault a thing. Our meal was sublime and my wife's steak was cooked rare to perfection.

Sadly my wife wasn't feeling the best and did miss the massage but I thought it was an incredible extra that must not be missed when staying here.

Room was standard and very spacious offering beautiful outside access overlooking the valley which we found a wonderful addition I do know they offer high quality superior rooms if you wanted . Sadly fully booked during our stay .only one thing I could possibly fault would be that the bath was unusually high in room 18, not a problem for myself but I would worry for elderly guests as stepping in and out was somewhat troublesome when wet, a simple step could be useful.

The town is full of history and a fantastic place to visit many nice places to eat explore and drink. The beach is lovely and all overlooked by the spa hotel.

To summarize the spa hotel is a must not only for visiting the area but even a lovely weekend getaway. We had a fantastic time and I'm sure you would too.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chad E
Reviewed February 20, 2016

Great welcome at this hotel staff so friendly and helpful.Food in restaurant great and good value.Very nice bar right near restaurant and the whole atmosphere in hotel very relaxing.Rooms are very clean and smart my only criticism was the bathrooms need updating but the room itself very nice and modern and a bed to die for.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2016

Great people looking after us & making sure everything was alright. Clean and safe with a gorgeous few. Family friendly - they have a reading / bean bag zone to keep kids busy. A great pint of Guinness and good meal deals. Epic steak, comfy bed and a beach view. I am staying again soon.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view. Free unlimited wifi. Ask for the steak on special menu.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so intent on being family friendly as owners with three children ourselves and are delighted that you've found us to be so. We will always work hard to keep prices reasonable, food good and ensure that all customers visiting us feel well looked after.

Thank you again and very best wishes,
Cathy Kelly

Reviewed February 16, 2016

lovely clean room very warm great size very good breakfast.would certainly book again yery nice staff with the wind and bad weather its cold in the bar and conservatry it could do with a porch on the front to ease this problem

Room tip: back twin room looks over car park but has great view of cleaveland way and cliffs
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends