Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
US$71
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights and was really disappointed, everything that was advertised and looked good on the website was inferior in reality.
Firstly there was the issue of a storm on the first night that I stayed. There was a power loss and though the hotel had a generator, it wasn't turned on at all. During the power outage, no one checked on any of the guests to see if they were ok. Now it was a storm, not a life threatening situation, but still at least for courtesy, a member of staff from the hotel could have checked.
What I thought was a disgrace was the pool (which was really small and of poor sanitation) and the sauna. This was the worst sauna in the entire world that I have ever experienced. It was like a closet and couldn't warm up. I even asked the hotel maintenance staff and they couldn't do anything.
The only reasonably good thing was breakfast.
I was utmost disappointed with the price I paid... Apparently, as part of my tour I should have stayed at a Glamping in La Perdera. However after paying for the entire tour, Lares Tours told me in a sneaky way that there was no room and that the option was to put me up in Hotel Proa Sur. Hence I was put up in a hole and they refused to provide me with a refund...
I highly DO NOT recommend using Lares Tours or dealing with the hotel UY Proa Sur. Both parties displayed skulduggery.

Room tip: Stay someplace else and don't use Lares Tours to book
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Fernando T, Gerente at UY Proa Sur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Mr. Steve;

First of all we want to thank you for sending us your comment. For us the experiences of our guests are the main tool we have to work on the quality of the service.
We are really very sorry for your comments and we would like to know more about what happened. Faced with this, we look for it in the register of our guests and also of Lares and we can not find it with the name that appears in this channel. If you were so kind, it would be very helpful to get in touch with us to be able to work in each of the areas you mentioned and improve, as well as knowing the date of accommodation.
We are at your service for what you need and we hope you can give us a vote of your confidence, to receive it again in our hotel.

Contact: ftoranza@proasurhotel.com

Best regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2017

The good - the staff, the breakfast and the bed
The bad - the room had a hole on the floor, paint coming of walls, rust on a lamp base, rotten floor wood and the bathroom leaked water when taking a shower, ended up with the corridor of the room all wet

Room tip: Stay away from room 211
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 26th November 2017 and were very pleased with the standards of this hotel. Critical reviews are outdated and some perhaps have a hidden agenda. We found the hotel clean, modern and well-appointed. The staff were young and very keen to serve our needs in the best way they could. If you like a location convenient to good restaurants and the beach this hotel will suit you. It can be recommended.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2016

We were very pleased. very close to te beach, very comfortable, modern and clean rooms.

Very happy on this hotel. A major difference compared to most of the hotels we stayed in Uruguay.

Staff was also very helpful and gentle.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2016

My room had the view of the light house and the ocean. Modern decor and clean. Light sensor in the hallway was malfunctioning and making noise constantly, but other than that the service was good. When we visited in April, it was very quiet (in fact most shops and restaurants were closed....). There is an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast was included. Only a couple blocks away from the beach.

Date of stay: April 2016