Lowest prices for your stay
US$138
US$136
Hotels.comUS$162
PricelineUS$197
eDreamsUS$138
All reviews coach house holiday camp afternoon tea wedding venue bar menu the hotel is clean evening meal couldn't do enough sunday lunch car park steak yogurt sheldon convention waitress felinfoel conservatory
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2021 via mobile

Booked for 3 nights on business, specified a double room only to be given a twin, ok for the first night with beds pushed together but promised by the lady owner a double would become available the next morning that would be assigned to me and I could change rooms, arrived back to stay the second night at 4pm to be told “all the double rooms were gone” really?? So I again put up with a single bed, very uncomfortable nights sleep indeed, promised again for my last night a double would be available, when I arrived back on the second day for my third and final night I said don’t worry, please just make the twin beds into a double with a double quilt and extra pillows, upon arriving at the room the double quilt and pillows were left on the bed for me to arrange! Housekeeping doesn’t seem to operate very well here, no towel changes after leaving them in the bath as asked by the sign in the bathroom, no toilet roll refilled, so asking at reception I was given two rolls to take up to my room, somehow this visually attractive hotel with great facilities is being let down by certain staff members on reception and housekeeping, Patrick on the bar and Izzy in the restaurant are stand out assets of the hotel, customer satisfaction is their focus, nothing is too much trouble, and really cannot do enough for you and I thank them both for making the stay more enjoyable, the restaurant food was excellent so my compliments to the chef, kitchen staff and waitresses, if you’re thinking of staying here don’t automatically expect the room you booked, check and double check it first, oh and the annexe although refurbished is dog friendly so if you’re allergic to dogs you won’t want a room in this part of the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank claireb771
Reviewed May 24, 2021

Just returned from a weekend in Llanelli had a wonderful time, met up with friends, lovely meal together at the hotel, next morning enjoyed the gym and spa. Room lovely everything you want for a weekend away. We have stayed before and will again, All staff are brilliant.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 24, 2021 via mobile

We had our Muslim wedding ceremony here under the current restrictions. Sheldon and the team couldn’t have done more to make the day as special as it was. They all went out of their way to make it perfect for us. They’ve never done a muslim wedding ceremony before and they still managed to make it perfect for us and our families.

We had afternoon tea made by the hotel and both families absolutely loved it. Leading up to the wedding, Sheldon was always communicating with us to ensure everything was well prepared and we knew what was going on.

Would definitely recommend having any sort of events at the Diplomat and ask for Sheldon.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2021 via mobile

We booked in here very last minute after our wedding in England was cancelled due to lockdown. I rang up and was given a great last minute deal for bed and breakfast for five nights over the phone. I also explained we would be bringing our seven week old baby with us. The chap I spoke to put us in the biggest room so we'd have plenty of space.

The room was warm and very large. It had two large windows with blackout curtains. There was plenty of storage space, a decent TV and lovely huge and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was also large and had a lovely big walk in shower with good water pressure.

Most evenings we ate in the restaurant and the food was outstanding. We couldn't fault it at all. We tried a number of dishes including the steak deal which was cooked to perfection. We also missed Sunday lunch but the chef did us a carvery plate for Sunday evening. Breakfast was equally as tasty every morning with a full Welsh breakfast with a choice of eggs.

The service in the restaurant was also superb. The staff were friendly, polite and professional. They were extremely good at making us feel 'spoilt' and cared for which we very much needed with our newborn and cancelled wedding. We loved chatting to the staff each day and appreciated being pampered.

Again, the bar was a pleasant place to sit and relax with plenty of comfortable chairs and sofas to relax. The bar staff were polite and service excellent.

We visited the pool in the spa which is small but clean and well maintained. Treatments were cancelled due to covid-19 restrictions.

The decor of the hotel is dated but it is still clean and well maintained. Staff were very good at following social distancing, wearing masks and reminding guests to wear masks in public areas. (Except the owners to whom the rules apparently don't apply!) There was ample hand sanitiser and visible cleaners. We felt very safe during our visit.

The area around the hotel is a bit lame so unless you have a specific reason to visit, or are happy to drive to visit places, or like us, are happy to bunker down in the hotel for a few days, I'd suggest you stay elsewhere.

We would definitely stay here again for a pampering, relaxing break either as a couple or family and would highly recommend to others.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2021

3 night break to visit family that was relaxing and the hotel worked effortless with the restrictions and provided great location, food at all evening and breakfast. Although the SPA was not available or evening entertainment we were still impressed with attention of staff and family staff .

Review collected in partnership with Best Western