Hotels.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews sunday lunch beautiful room afternoon tea baby shower cheesecake home from home feel very welcome steak evening meal scones following morning couldn't do enough plenty of parking wendy gower accommodation hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Been there for afternoon tea and It was delightfull!! The place is super cozy, the food is homemade and simple amazing and the service is perfect. I will definetly return for try the sunday lunch and drinks at the bar.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2017

Had booked a number of weeks before Mothers Day but on arrival did not have our booking for a table for 4 !! They didn't apologise just said don't worry we will move a few tables around. Ordered our drinks by the bar and had to ask 3 times for my soda water even though there were 2 staff behind bar and only us there being served at the time.
When seated I asked what soup of the day was the lady didn't know she said would go and check when she came back she had forgotten and then had to go back to the kitchen again. Soup came and was ok could have been hotter stated that would be served with fresh bread roll but came with bread and in my opinion was not the fresh. Chicken was ok but my mother's beef was very tough ... Some dinners had veg on them others did not there didn't seem to be any consistency. Only one small bowl of carrots with a few shavings of cabbage mixed in and a small bowl of roast potatoes. No other veg or potatoes. I asked if we could have some more potatoes and 2 more were brought out in a bowl and my mother had to ask for gravy. No condiments on table. The staff that were serving didn't really seem to be organised at all and just seemed to be lingering at our table. I asked our waitress if there was a free glass of prosecco for the mums as I was informed there was when I made my booking. She never even came back with an answer. She also started clearing our dinner plates and taking away the bowls whilst my son was still eating. !
I did not have dessert as by this time I was very disappointed and just wanted to leave, my mother said the sticky toffee pudding was ok but not very hot. We were not asked once if we wanted more drinks and the waitress serving us was wearing jeans which I didn't feel appropriate for the venue . I was aware that the lunch was not your traditional Sunday lunch but it definitely did not meet expectations. On paying the bill in the bar the owner did not even ask if everything was ok.
I know the establishment has recently reopened with new owners and with any new business there will be teething problems but they need to have more organisation of the staff so that they offer a more professional service if they want to make a name for themselves. (Have visited previously with previous owners and food and service always great ...even flowers for the mums on a mothers day)

Sorry won't be returning after this experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Think this hotel maybe in the middle of a refurbishment but I do think they should start with basic hygiene. Carpet in the bathroom !!! Mould on shower, cobwebs on window , nowhere to hang your towel (certainly nowhere near the floor ) Room was generally tired although bed was clean and towels lovely.
Breakfast was fine, liked paper menu.
Value for money was ok.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roslyn F
Reviewed March 14, 2017

We selected this hotel because it was described as dog friendly on trip advisor.
However the day before we travelled we where told that as we had a dog we would have to use the family room outside of the hotel which when we got there found it is situated behind the back of the hotel next to the kitchen, when we had booked via a deluxe room overlooking the gardens. Apparently the hotel had tried to contact to us several times but we had no voice messages on any of your phones.

The family room was very disappointing, there was a label over the light switches next to the door saying do not use, one of the table lamp were not working and we were promised a replacement on the Friday which never materialised. The decor was poor, there was damp patches in the twin bedded room and the bathroom seemed to be a work in progress as there was some shelf supports but no shelf, no plug in the basin. Although there was a kettle with tea and coffee we had no milk cartons which we had to go and collect. Its as if the room had not been prepared for our arrival In all we were very disappointed with the room added to which the room was also not serviced during our stay. When the kitchen is in use you are aware of the noise from the extractor fan. We were also told Wi-Fi was not available in the family room, which I thought would have been a must for most families these days.

The dog was not allowed anywhere in the hotel so I can't see how the venue can be described as 'dog friendly'. The reason given was because they have a kitchen on the premises, which I did not understand as other dog friendly venues we have stayed at also have kitchens and will allow dogs in certain parts of the hotel, we certainly accept there will always be restrictions on dogs but these should be made clear beforehand.

It was a real shame as the hotel is in an ideal location for exploring the Gower and the meals that we had in the hotel were excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2017

This hotel is lovely, in a quiet location just outside Llanelli. The rooms are period and really nice and are going to be refurbished shortly, along with a dining room extension and other work. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. The food, Breakfast was beautiful, the evening menu was a tad limited, but there were only a small number of people there at the time, saying that the food itself was lovely. The staff are really helpful and very pleasant, with plenty of good advice on places to visit etc. All in all a lovely experience and I'm already looking for an excuse to revisit later in the year......

Room tip: The front bedrooms give a great view of the garden, which in summer will be beautiful....
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple