“Sunday lunch”

Stock at the Pavillion
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Congleton
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Stock at The Pavilion is an eclectic cafe bar in the heart of award winning Congleton Park. We open for lunch, but also stay open for specials on a Friday evening. Our roast dinners are highly recommended and we hire our beautiful venue out for weddings, birthdays and all special occasions.
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Had a lovely Sunday lunch here, beautiful place, but oh you let someone in with three dogs not very healthy for a restaurant very unhygienic wise ,you should let people know I for one would not use a restaurant which allows dogs in (oh I am a dog lover) where people are eating

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank classy2015
Stock a, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hi Classy2015,

Thank you for your review and we are very glad that you enjoyed both the food and the Pavilion. We pride ourselves on the quality of both the environment and food we offer.

However, I am very disappointed that we have received this poor review, since you have not realised the full details of what happened last Sunday. Let me explain as you did not raise this with us on Sunday.

We have a no dog policy for Sundays only, which is explained to all customers, we also have signage up to make people aware.

Unfortunately, the dogs in question on Sunday belonged to an elderly lady who had travelled a substantial distance to visit relatives and for some reason unknown to us had not adhered to the policy. They arrived with the dogs and we were left in a difficult position.

Being left with the situation of refusing our customers or with placing them away from everyone in the corner table, I chose to go with the latter. That was my decision as the owner, and therefore I stand by it.

I can assure you that we ensured the dogs were under the table and not encroaching on anyone else’s enjoyment of their lunch.

We did not have any other complaints from the other diners.

As I said it is a shame that you chose to give us a poor review for a dog when the food was excellent as my team work very hard to give a fantastic service.

Nonethless, we will endeavour to keep all of our customers happy, even though by helping one diner as in this instance, it meant upsetting another which was yourself.

I would ask you also to remember (as a dog lover) that we are in a park and therefore dogs are allowed for the most part of the week.

many thanks

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited with family on a Friday evening at the end of August, very glad I’d booked as every table was reserved. Now I can see why! It is a quirky place and the park setting makes quite unusual. The staff were all very professional and also friendly, three of had the fish and chips and one had a burger. All the meals were excellent and the bar prices not too bad. I would highly recommend the food, next time I shall try something from their Specials list which sounded good.

Hi Brenmeryl,

Thank you so much for your kind review we are delighted you came and visited and that you all had a lovely time.

Please come back and see us again soon

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to review Stock because the service went above and beyond what you would expect. Our toddler son was made to feel really welcome and every member of staff worked hard to help us enjoy our delicious lunch. It is also a top location. We will definitely be back. Not what I was expecting from a park cafe at all - a lovely place to eat and socialise.

Hi Rebecca H,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review us, we are very happy to have welcomed you and your toddler son,

We really look forward to seeing you all again soon

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal at Stocks. Great surroundings set overlooking congleton park, interior very retro adding to the ambiance. Staff very friendly and excellent service.

Hi Dothoc,

Thanks for taking the time out to review us, we are very happy you had such a fab meal with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Friends back over from Australia to celebrate their wedding in the UK. Absolutely brilliant, great company and celebration to remember, the staff are superb.

Hi Mikeefc52,

Thank you for your review, we are so glad your friends from Australia enjoyed their visit too. Always lovely to welcome people from all over the world to Congleton and our beautiful park.

Come and see us again soon