“Family birthday ”

Stock at the Pavillion
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Congleton
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Stock at The Pavilion is an eclectic cafe bar in the heart of award winning Congleton Park. We open for lunch, but also stay open for specials on a Friday evening. Our roast dinners are highly recommended and we hire our beautiful venue out for weddings, birthdays and all special occasions.
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Went here for family birthday lovely settings in the park next to the river . Staff very welcoming on arrival and the food very good quality nice little gem in lovely setting worth a pop in if you can find it lol

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank 638stephenw
Lisa W, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Hi Stephen W,

thank you for taking the time to review us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We do need to get some more signage on the roads leading to the park, the council are working on that.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

kind regards

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Went here at the weekends with friends after a walk. It is great to find a place that accepts dogs but isn't a pub . The food was delicious and copious. We nearly all chose the ploughman's having seen one on another table and it was definitely a good choice. Desserts and cakes were equally tasty. The staff were preparing for an evening event but we didn't feel rushed at all (we ordered shortly before the end of service) and they even said we had plenty of time. Will definitely be back. Thank you!

Date of visit: October 2018

Hi Andrea B,

thank you for your great review, we are delighted that you came in after your walk. Really looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

My first visit.....will not be my last! I am new to the area and wanted to try somewhere that I could get a lovely cake and a coffee....this was clearly the place to go.
Service with a smile and a lovely piece of millionaire shortbread!
Felt very relaxed and can’t wait to go back and try a meal....and some more cake.
Loved my trip here today and so nice inside, I felt very welcomed.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank NorwichSarah
Lisa W, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hi NorwichSarah,

Thank you so much for your kind review, we are really happy that you had such a nice visit with us. Welcome to Congleton!! We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Had a lovely Sunday lunch here, beautiful place, but oh you let someone in with three dogs not very healthy for a restaurant very unhygienic wise ,you should let people know I for one would not use a restaurant which allows dogs in (oh I am a dog lover) where people are eating

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank classy2015
Stock a, Owner at Stock at the Pavillion, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hi Classy2015,

Thank you for your review and we are very glad that you enjoyed both the food and the Pavilion. We pride ourselves on the quality of both the environment and food we offer.

However, I am very disappointed that we have received this poor review, since you have not realised the full details of what happened last Sunday. Let me explain as you did not raise this with us on Sunday.

We have a no dog policy for Sundays only, which is explained to all customers, we also have signage up to make people aware.

Unfortunately, the dogs in question on Sunday belonged to an elderly lady who had travelled a substantial distance to visit relatives and for some reason unknown to us had not adhered to the policy. They arrived with the dogs and we were left in a difficult position.

Being left with the situation of refusing our customers or with placing them away from everyone in the corner table, I chose to go with the latter. That was my decision as the owner, and therefore I stand by it.

I can assure you that we ensured the dogs were under the table and not encroaching on anyone else’s enjoyment of their lunch.

We did not have any other complaints from the other diners.

As I said it is a shame that you chose to give us a poor review for a dog when the food was excellent as my team work very hard to give a fantastic service.

Nonethless, we will endeavour to keep all of our customers happy, even though by helping one diner as in this instance, it meant upsetting another which was yourself.

I would ask you also to remember (as a dog lover) that we are in a park and therefore dogs are allowed for the most part of the week.

many thanks

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited with family on a Friday evening at the end of August, very glad I’d booked as every table was reserved. Now I can see why! It is a quirky place and the park setting makes quite unusual. The staff were all very professional and also friendly, three of had the fish and chips and one had a burger. All the meals were excellent and the bar prices not too bad. I would highly recommend the food, next time I shall try something from their Specials list which sounded good.

Date of visit: August 2018

Hi Brenmeryl,

Thank you so much for your kind review we are delighted you came and visited and that you all had a lovely time.

Please come back and see us again soon