All reviews seafood beach house coconut trees this lovely resort the owner no air conditioning standard room superior rooms are served fresh mussels visit this place few steps local delicacies food is absolutely delicious all rooms are sea facing fresh catch great care
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband visited Chera Rocks last weekend. The place is pure bliss.
Though it was a short trip but indeed a pleasant one.
The rooms had basic amenities, don't expect resort like rooms.
But the scenic beauty was breathtaking.
Their highlight was FOOD.
One of the best seafoods I ever had in my life.
Their hospitality is world class.
This stay was one of the best we ever had.
Definitely recommended, especially for nature lovers

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rituparna D
nivedhkannur, Manager at Chera Rock Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Dear Rituparna,

Thank you for your review. We look forward for another opportunity to host you at Chera Rocks Beach House once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed January 12, 2018

I visited this lovely resort with my family and friends. It's a vast stretch of white sand beach resort facing the sea. Very nice location and hospitality of the people is excellent. One should visit this place without a miss in his lifetime. The service is impeccable and stands apart & they serve traditional north Kerala food. All the cottages have beach view . Although we got to stay here for just a day but it was amazing. Pace is of less crowded and kind of privae beach.The walk on the beach was amazing. Its paradise for a true nature lover and want to spend time away from the crowd then this place is heaven

Room Tip: Should go for beach facing cottages..
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ShankarK238

Dear Shankar,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are very much valued. We appreciate your comments.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chera Rocks Beach House!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

Chera Rocks is a real find! My husband and I had the most wonderful 10 days here. This is not the place for you if you want bars and clubs - this is pure rest and relaxation. The staff cant do enough for you. The food is fresh and delicious. The food is all local and the fish cooked from the daily catch - you see the fisherman bringing in the fish. Our days were spent collecting shells and exploring the rock and reading! It was a brilliant way to wind down from busy London life and to then continue our holiday in Kerala. Thank you Cher Rocks!

Room Tip: There is a climb down to the property wit some uneven steps - the staff do help wth your luggage though
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear DaniBenjamin,

It’s great to hear that you had a Memorable stay with us & Thank you for praising our service.

We invest a lot of time in effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of personalized service.

Warm welcome for your next visit. See you soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

The Chera Rocks Beach Resort is a colkection of charming cottage bungalows scattered among the palms at one end of deserted 3km long Kizhunna Beach, about half an hour from Kannur.
Its my second visit of the year as I'm organising a textiles tour around Kerala and planning to use Chera Rocks as a base for four days next year to explore local handloom workshops and co-operatives. Nived, the extremely helpful and friendly owner, managed to find me a wonderful interpreter and local guide at the last minute, who accompanied us to handloom factories and was extremely helpful in explaining our mission to the weavers and management.
Ali, the chef, produced some very tasty and varied seafood, fish and veg dishes for dinner each evening, which we ate on our candle lit room terrace, overlooking the ocean. Breakfast equally delicious with local delicacies again, enjoyed whilst taking in the beautiful ocean views.
I had the pleasure of a de-luxe room in the main bungalow, with vast bedroom and bathroom. The only thing I'd say is that as it was Diwali, there were a lot more Indian families than usual walking through the garden down to the beach from the car parking place on the top of the hill above the resort. The beach was much busier than normal due to this but it was great seeing everyone enjoying themselves in the sea, hunting for mussels on the rocks and generally splashing about!
Just next to the rocky breakwater is the perfect swimming spot that's protected from the breakers and undertow that tend to spoil family swimming along this beach. It's about 20 yards from the Chera Rocks so you can just walk straight out of your bungalow onto the beach and into a lovely calm stretch of water for swimming in. Rooms clean, though the ants had invaded the bathroom and part of a birds nest had fallen into my washbag from inside the tiled roof by day 2, but its seaside living so what do you expect, especially with the monsoon still lingering on...hot water plentiful with a hot water geyser although my partner in her standard room complained of cold water only, issues with the electric lights in her room and the room being too hot even with the fan on full blast. There was no air conditioning available in the rooms although my partner had a unit in her room. Didn't investigate further. Personally, I didn't need it as my room was large and airy but can see the need for it in the smaller rooms.
Reflexology/ massage service available in your room at reasonable rates. Morning yoga available too.
Room tip: My favourites are the bungalows round the corner from the main house, a bit out of the way and tucked away in the palms. Each with its own hammock.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Seniorbird

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to address & advice on your stay with us.

Only through feedback as yours, we will be able to maintain & improve upon the service to our valued guest.

We are disappointed to read your partner's experience during the stay with us. We will address this.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

I visited this lovely resort with my family and friends. It's located on the secluded Thotada beach with vast stretch of white sand. The service is impeccable and stands apart. They serve traditional north Kerala food with fresh catch from the coast and the local market. The chef Ali is always ready to serve you with pleasant surprises. The approach road is bit challenging but at the end it's worth it in gold. Would recommend for Atleast few more visits.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
nivedhkannur, Manager at Chera Rock Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Aswini Acharya,

We thank you for your great words and we remember your presence with us. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your days with us. Your words of appreciation encourage our Team to continue with the quality services we provide.

We welcome you an another memorable holiday with us and wish you all the very best .

With Warm Regards,