See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

The room looks great but the shower didn't work properly. We want to go to the spa but we found out that is necessary to make a reservation for enjoying these services (even if the room's price includes spa services). At least, the breakfast was good, with lots of choices

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I grew up in a family that loved fine dining. My father carried the Mobile Guide to Fine Dining with him everywhere. Imagine my surprise when the finest meal I had on my recent trip to Europe was at the restaurant in the Hotel Roman Plaza. Five stars in every respect (food cooked to perfection and beautifully presented). Unbelievably reasonably priced by Western European standards. Don't miss out on this gem facing the Plaza of this colorful Romanian town.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Hotel Roman Plaza is a good hotel in the center of Roman in Romania. Good bed quality, good breakfast (could be better), clean in the rooms but not so much at the restaurant (seats). The spa was above average and of high standards (maybe should be more than 4-9 pm).

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I will start with the pros: this is an old building, I stayed there 40 years ago ,in the ''old'' times. But the hotel had undergone a very serious renovation. Public areas are beautiful, the rooms are also nice until very nice- I've seen the suite...
But...to put together furniture is not enough, surely not in a hotel.
In a hotel, customers arrive for one or two nights, they are short in time and they need the facilities to be perfectly in function right from the beginning. This was not our case: we arrived in a very hot afternoon, air conditioning was out of order (I don't know the real reason ,I suppose is saving but this is not important right now).
When we arrived back in the evening, they said they ''forgot'' to open airconditioning on our floor!
We were short in time so we left the hotel for a couple of hours. No map of the city, neither of the central area...the receptionist was very surprised we are asking for.
She was not able even to print a map from the internet. I don't think is so unusual to ask for a small map in a hotel rated 4 stars...
When we returned, we just discovered that there is no water pressure in bathroom so we were not able to take a shower. After lots of discussions with the receptionist ,by coincidence, the director of the hotel heard us (earlier we asked to speak with the director and the receptionist said that she is not in the hotel). She solved somehow our problem and gave us a key of another room in order to take a shower... This was the way we spent most of our evening, it took 2 hours instead of 5 minutes!
Later, we discovered the bathroom is extremely dark, not possible to put makeup that way. Also , there was not possible to use a shaving machine in bathroom, they have a special sort of sockets, no adaptor was available.
The tv set was disconnected and only by luck we found the way to make it work, at the reception they were like from another planet!
All these problems made us talk with the receptionist a lot of times, every time she told us: you are the first one to complain... Sure... maybe other people just let the things as they are and left ASAP...
I am in doubt about her compatibilities in this job.
Many thanks to the director for her help, but...start to fix all these problems!
By the way, the safe was also stuck when we arrived ,we were given a key...

Room tip: check the water pressure, I understand this is a general problem
1  Thank wlaura
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Went to a wedding and stayed one night.
Ok, the room was cheap for a 4 star hotel
There was no spa because no staff to work there
Food was baaaaaad
Service was baaaaad
And in the end i would have had a cheaper accomodation by use booking or similar that was allso for 8 rooms that were ordered for us a 8 months ago.
The broom told me they cheated on him according the price of huge expensive wedding party.

Room tip: The best is to have NO room
Date of stay: August 2017