“Loved it”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Loved it”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My husband and I were going to spend a night in AC to celebrate our anniversary but the prices of the casino for an overnight stay on a Saturday is crazy. I was on line googling some alternatives when I came across the Seaview. I read the reviews and decided to give it a try. I love it. We went to the casino earlier in the day and then went to the hotel to check in, we did plan on going back to AC but once we checked in a looked around we decided we didn't need to go to AC everything we needed was right at the resort. The rooms were really nice and comfortable. The hotel was really clean. They have two bars one withe a restuarant and one without. The one bar has picky food and the Main Dining room has 5 Star food. It was out of this world. There is an indoor pool which we weren't aware of but will use the next time we go there. I plan on taking the kids for a day or two this summer. The gold course also looked beautiful and the prices seemed good my husbands plans on checking that out the next time. I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: They offer discounted upgrades after you book
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gandrlawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
nj
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Stayed at the Seaview for a 2 night get-away. When we arrived we informed the valet that we would be needing a cab in about an hour for dinner reservations in Atlantic City. To my surprise they offered us a free shuttle to Atlantic City, and while in the shuttle the driver gave me his and the later shifts cell phone numbers so we would have a ride home. He told me that the cabs were too expensive, and they wanted to take care of us. You dont get better service than that.

Every person who worked at the hotel said "hello" or "good morning" every single time we walked by, the restaurant staff was phenomonal, and all the local restaurant recommendations given to us were great values, with great food. This is one of the best hotels with the best staff i have ever come across.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rapunzel2Nj
StephenPrakashGM, General Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Beautiful resort, very comfortable beds and lovely rooms. Friendly and helpful staff.
Reasonable prices in restaurant and efficient service. Will definitly return and recommend to others. Only problem- some rooms are a long walk from lobby. If this is a problem be sure to ask for a close room.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Justretired48
Thank you for sharing your comments and more importantly for being a loyal guest. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
west chester, pa
Reviewed 10 January 2011

This is a great hotel - very upscale, well decorated, professional staff. Unfortunately, the guest this particular night were beyond rude. They were obviously there for a wedding and partied all through the day and night, not caring about how loud and rude they were to other guests. It began at lunch with them blowing their New Year's horns several times and speaking very loudly. One lady showed up and sat down to eat w/ her robe and slippers on (her hair was done, she knew the people at the tables that were pushed together). Then a man showed up wearing a tee shirt that was completely unacceptable to wear at this resort. He wore it in the afternoon, at the bar after the wedding and had it on the next morning - we saw him as we checked out. Later - around 1:20 AM, we returned to our room and noticed a female staff member standing in the hallway. We spoke to her and found out that she was trying her best to keep the noise level down but was not succeeding (she admitted). We did fall asleep, but were awakened around 3:30 by a group of people coming back from the bar after the wedding (they were talking about how much was paid for the wedding there and that they should be able to continue to party). This noise continued for quite a while, doors slamming, etc. After about 45 min., it finally did die down but at this point I was so annoyed that I couldn't wait to go home. We left early the next morning and complained to the manager who was very nice - she explained that they ended up calling in the police to talk to those rude people - and they reduced our rate. I only wish more could have been done throughout the stay to handle these people - a manager in the restaurant came out twice and looked over at the people, but never asked them to quiet down; the man with the inapproapriate shirt should have been asked to change - it was truly unacceptable to be worn in public! Anyway - great resort - I would stay there again, but would ask about the people in the rooms nearby!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on regular basis.
I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Lower Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My boyfriend and I had holiday plans in Atlantic City and were looking to stay somewhere other than 'the strip'. I procrastinated and many of the hotels we wanted were already booked. The Seaview was close to AC but not too close and the pictures looked fine. We got there and the hotel was as expected, average. The ice machine on the floor barely worked and there was no refrigerator in the room. :( The staff was friendly, though, especially the valets. Fine if you just want a respectable place to lay your head.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. Please stop by next time you're in the area, we'd like to show off our new renovations.
Philly area, PA
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I've stayed here several times over the last 5 years from when it was owned by Marriott. I haven't used their golf facilities so I can't rate those but as far as the rooms are concerned I've never had a problem with lack of cleanliness or uncomfortable beds, etc. The room layout is old but the rooms have modern heating/AC controls, flat screen TVs, and very comfortable beds. The water pressure in my bathroom on my most recent stay was as strong as I've ever had in a hotel and there was plenty of hot water. Check-in/out has never been a problem. If you don't mind walking an extra 100 yards or so you can freely park instead of using the valet. The facility has a restaurant which is ok and it has several bars - again ok. If you're looking for a good restaurant you will need a car and if you're looking for a "sea view" you won't get it from here but you might see the salt marshes in the distance looking east across route 9! I have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you had yet another memorable visit at your home away from home. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the very near future.
Bath, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Called to make reservations was immediately transferred to a calling center. When I requested a room for the Seaview Marriott (as the invitation indicated) they said, "yes, this is the Dolce" - I again just said I needed a room at the Seaview Marriott, "he said yes, I can make that reservation for you" not thinking twice I made the reservation. I had a Marriott gift card in order to pay for the room, upon arrival the desk clerk said they were no longer a Marriott and wouldn't except the card. This should have been explained when I made the reservation, perhaps just a little side note, "yes this is the Dolce, formerly the Seaview Marriott" should have been said. Since I normally stay at Hampton properties, this $100 gift card is now useless. The Desk Clerk at check in was extremely rude and not helpful at all. (the girl at check out was very nice though). The rooms were moldy and smelled. Dirt in the corners of the Bathrooms, and I had a towel (one of the limited amount) that had a big chunk of something stuck to it. It took 10 minutes to get hot water to warm up the shower. This was one of the worst hotels I've experienced.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenPrakashGM, General Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the confusion when you made your reservation. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide you a better experience next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
8.7 km away
Golden Nugget
#10 of 49 in Atlantic City
10.9 km away
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!