“Gorgeous!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“Gorgeous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We attended a wedding the weeekend of May 11th. Upon pulling up to the grounds we knew we'd have a fabulous stay. The staff is outstanding. Friendly, helpful...gave us suggestions on where to go downtown in AC and even drove us there in a shuttle that saved us about $20. The food at the wedding was outstanding and the service was the same.

The rooms; Comfortable and clean. We didn't have one of the renovated rooms but it was still decent.

My only complaints; the maid never came to make our room up. We had the "Do Not Disturb" on the door until approx. 11 am, but never even received a call asking us if we wanted service.
Also, it took 4 phone calls to make sure my reservations were clear. I had called for a reservation under a wedding block which was sold out. Reservations had then told me the whole hotel was sold out. I went on Hotels.com to find a different hotel and the Seaview was available so I booked it on there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jaymebeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Princeton NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

My fiance and I shared a get-a-way here over the cinco-de-Mayo weekend. We wanted a nice change from the casino hotels. I have to say I was impressed the minute we drove up to the property. The grounds were breath-taking. The hotel was reminiscent of a time gone by. The amenities were modern and the rooms were immaculate. The hotel staff were very welcoming and professional. The bathroom was remarkable and the shower, towels, soap, and shampoo dispensers made it feel "spa" like. The bed linens were heaven and the mattresses were exquisite. We had the junior suite, which was spacious and parlor like. I would've given it 5 stars if the proximity to Atlantic City was a little closer. It is about 15-20 mins away and the transportation was expensive and the cars were shabby. We had the AAA package which included a complimentary breakfast..cold scrambled eggs and potatoes : (. The up keep of the property is quite good given the enormity of place. Very slight improvement is needed here. When all is said and done, it was a wonderful weekend and I would definitely return and drive into AC ; ).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aries24
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I spent two nights at the Seaview while attending a conference there.

Conference facilities: I can only speak as an attendee and not an organizer, but the Seaview appeared to handle our conference with smooth professionalism. Our rooms were spotless and kept stocked with the usual necessities (water, pens, mints). The food provided for attendees was several steps above the usual rubbery chicken, always a pleasant surprise. One negative: Brrrr, the conference rooms were chilly. (more on that later)

Entrance and grounds: A historic property has to strike a balance between charm and user-friendliness, and the Seaview needs help in this regard. The entrance is a bit hard to find, and then it's very difficult to spot any signage indicating where to go. It wasn't until I drove past it that I spotted the sign for valet parking. Luckily I ended up in self-parking, but this too was poorly signposted. As for finding one's way from the self-park to the hotel entrance, well, it was an adventure. FYI, head towards the terrace with the little fountain, then towards/through/past the golf carts, and try to not get run over by a golf cart or SUV en route to the front doors. Good luck! What little I saw of the exterior grounds was quite pretty (I assume that terrace appears in a lot of wedding party photos).

Room: I reserved a deluxe king and received a first-floor room with a view of the road. The room itself was airy and elegant, as was the spacious bathroom. The bed was simply the most comfortable one I've slept in, ever. And that's a good thing, because I spent my nights huddling in there - because that room was cold, and I never managed to get it to warm up via the thermostat. Paper-thin walls ensured that I never felt lonely, as I could hear conversations in the adjoining words (not vague noises - the actual conversations). Lots of overhead creaking, too. This is not unexpected in an older property like this, and I did tune it out eventually. By the way, the signage inside the hotel is decidedly better than on the grounds.

Food: Other than what was provided during the conference, I did not try out the hotel's dining facilities. The menu selections looked like your standard "nice hotel" repertoire. The resort shop had beverages and snacks, but kept limited hours. The ice maker on our floor was out of service (presumably they've fixed it by now). Mini fridges and microwaves are available for rental, and there's a coffee maker in the room.

Staff: Every single staff member I encountered was pleasant and competent. I have zero complaints about Seaview's personnel, except for the evil creature who created the external signage.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank perrik
Jersey Shore Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Over the years I have had the privilege of staying at the Seaview Resort - When it was a Marriott property my daughters and I enjoyed spa escapes around Christmas- Shortly after Stockton became a partner with Dolce I felt some of the old warmness and hospitality had come back. I was not a fan of it when it was a Dolce property without Stockton. In December of 2012 we had blocks of rooms there when my younger daughter was married and the renovations had just begun. How pleasantly surprised was I to book a much needed Spa Escape for my sisters and myself last weekend and have a chance to view the completed renovations. The staff was fabulous as usual and the updated touches have kept in harmony with the historic stately elegance of the resort. Keep offering great packages at off peak times!! Thanks to the staff for the little treat we found in our room upon upon returning Saturday evening and how helpful everyone was!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Oakland, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

The Seaview Inn was a beautiful place... The staff was very accommodating, the rooms were very clean and the grounds were beautiful.
My husband played golf on both courses and enjoyed both. However he felt the Bay course was the easier of the two, I spent one day at the spa, which was a very relaxing experience! And the Starbucks being there, was a nice added surprise! The second day I visited the shops in Smithsville... Very nice little shops.
If there was a negative... It was the food at the Inn. The world class breakfast was just mediocre and the cocktail hour were dishes from the lunch menu. We did not eat dinner at the Inn because of the many places in AC to go to. And I am glad we did!
However we would go back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Connectictut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My fiance and I spent last weekend at the Seaview Resort. I played both golf courses and she went to the spa. The resort was overwhelmingly lovely - relaxing, great service, excellent food - and the golf and spa were outstanding. The staff at the resort was wonderful, attentive and thoughtful. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have stayed at Seaview many times and always find the staff friendly and accommodating. The food outlets are great and the room service is always timely. I will miss the Starbucks but will enjoy the new Lavazza. I'm not all that stuck on Starbucks anyway! The beds..oh the beds..just devine.

Please stay just once at Seaview for any occasion..It's so worth it..and not to pricey either!

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade..they will give it to you if they have it. Also the Bay view is very nice...